Searching the forums.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejhw

Established Member
Reaction score
I have always had a problem searching, in as much if I click on a thread in my search results I go to that thread, but when I click on "back to" to return to the search results page, I get a page telling me I've run out of time and have to go through the whole search procedure again. :(
Is this right or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks, Jim

I seem to get that sometimes,so if it does, just click refresh and it takes you back to the search results. That seems to work most of the time anyhow.

Thanks Fergus, that works. It doesn't seem right, though, why should that webpage expire so that you need to refresh the page?

Jim

Try IE7 (assuming you are on windoze). I must admit I find it great, right click the link and clisk "open in new tab". I do that on all the links I am interested in and it opens a new tab for each, just read them and close as you go. The original page is still there and ready to go. Made browsing forums much faster for me.

There is a brilliant add-on in Firefox that let's you set-up a reading list without clogging up bookmarks. If you see a page that you know you want to go back and read sometime, then you simply click on the icon in the address bar and it's added to the list which appears as a handy pulldown. Once read you can bookmark or delete

MikeH: Thanks for the memory jog! Of course, I use R/click "Open in new tab" all the time, but never even thought of using it to browse the forums :oops: Problem solved 8)

Roger: I'm one of the few who simply don't get on with Firefox. :?
I have tried several of the versions, most recently about 2 years ago, and just always preferred IE. MikeH has fixed it for me, though.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Jim

Latest posts

Back