SDS Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilti make the best builders drills you are likely to come across but they cost a pretty penny. I have a Bosch GBH multi-drill though and it’s also a great bit of kit. A bit big but more than man enough to handle anything an enthusiastic diy-er like me is likely to throw at it, including 4” cores in brickwork. Makita also have a good rep for making SDS drills but I think Bosch (who invented the system) are a bit better. Also the multi drill is still made in Germany so, you’d hope, is well put together.

The best core drilling machine is without doubt the Macrist: https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Mar ... 1200W-240V with up to 40,000 blows per minute its more of a vibration than impact, use's dry cores and I have drilled up to 100mm dia holes in a 600mm thick wall, I now have to drill a 150mm dia hole for a ventilator and do not envisage any problems, the nice thing about coring is the clean hole without any breakout.

Back