Scrolling vinyl records

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in the garage for a couple of hours and unearthed the records while I was there, so out of interest I had a go with the #5 reverse blade I already had in. Speed was about 1200, and it cut perfectly with no welding and nothing to clean off the underside. It tended to flex and bounce a bit, but holding it down with a small piece of ply cured that.

I also had a play. Covered the front & back (a & b?) sides of the record with masking tape, pritt-sticked the pattern to it and cut around the outside of my pattern.

Used the blade that was already in it, either a #5 or #6 and the slowest speed my saw would go.

No welding, and any fuzzies on the back just flick away with an old toothbrush.

Well, it's done.

There were a few fuzzies that won't brush away, but I doubt it'll ever get to that stage of finishedness (?)

I just wanted to see how it cut and if I could.

100_8056.jpg

... at least it's an improvement on the original 'HITS OF HAWAII' :D

NazNomad":2w8dppwy said:
Well, it's done.

There were a few fuzzies that won't brush away, but I doubt it'll ever get to that stage of finishedness (?)

I just wanted to see how it cut and if I could.

100_8056.jpg

... at least it's an improvement on the original 'HITS OF HAWAII' :D

That's worked great Naz pity its not Bat out of Hell :lol:

Brian

I'm obviously not as trendy as you lot. I've got a stack of vinyl and some old sunglass lenses. :)

cracking drawing.

Latest posts

Back