scroll saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose

Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking about buying my first scroll saw and wondered if anybody could offer any advice as to which starter saw would be best for someone on a tight budget.
I have looked at the Draper 400MM 230V FRETSAW (does this take both sorts of blades?) for around £70 which is about as much as I can manage

Thanks for any help and advice

Ian

Ian

I bought a Perform from Axminster the variable speed model when it was on offer. I am more than happy with this. I think it cost about £50-00. Keep checking their site as they always have offers on this range.

Gary

Hi Ian

Welcome to the forum :) .

You might find this thread informative, despite (or, indeed, because of) the meanderings off-topic.

I wouldn't choose a Rexon, simply because there are better models available in your price range, such as the SIP 16". Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to locate a current link for the SIP saw at present.

Why are you interested in determining if a saw takes both types of blade? Machines that take flat blades are really the only game in town because pin-headed blades are too clumsy for for anything other than relatively coarse piercing cuts. You'll find that the SIP is quite satisfactory on this account.

Gill

Hi..
Thanks for all the replys and welcomes
i have had a look at the SIP and seems very good but i cant see very much difference between the SIP and the Draper, am i missing something or are the specs about the same but the quality different?

Thanks again for the help so far i think i will be asking lots of questions in the future

Ian

Back