Screwfix special offers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Screwfix have several good looking offers in their latest flyer. There is a DeWalt 18 gold Li ion combined drill with 2 batteries (1.3 amp. hour) for £100, a Hitachi of similar spec for £90 ( two 1.5 ah batteries), and an Evolution 210mm sliding mitre saw with blade for cutting steel, wood etc for £100.

May be of interest?

Also, just a reminder about the Machine Mart VAT free offers which end on 7th December. I have a code if anyone wants to use it.

K

Why is that the screwfix has gone downhill sooooo much in past year? Their prices on almost everything are just stupid compared to the likes of toolstation, and everytime I go there to collect something my order is given mostly by some women pensioners #-o
If I want to pick up just 1 item and Don't want to waste my time with giving details/postcode my time is wasted even more as they have to get a manager to check me out if I don't want to give my details :|

wtf................

sitefive":5dtzhjj5 said:
Why is that the screwfix has gone downhill sooooo much in past year? Their prices on almost everything are just stupid compared to the likes of toolstation, and everytime I go there to collect something my order is given mostly by some women pensioners #-o
If I want to pick up just 1 item and Don't want to waste my time with giving details/postcode my time is wasted even more as they have to get a manager to check me out if I don't want to give my details :|

wtf................

I've never understood why I have to verify my address EVERY time I go to Screwfix either?
I don't have a credit account with them (never have) so why o' why do I need to go through the same old scenario every time I visit there?

sitefive":pgls2sue said:

wtf................

Why have you got a problem with "women pensioners" ?

Sexist and ageist :roll:

paulm":1o41pf5e said:
sitefive":1o41pf5e said:

wtf................

+1

I wish there were more women pensioners working in retail; thorough, diligent, cheerful, and helpful. What's not to like?

custard":4liuaz0j said:
paulm":4liuaz0j said:
sitefive":4liuaz0j said:

wtf................

+1

I wish there were more women pensioners working in retail; thorough, diligent, cheerful, and helpful. What's not to like?
oh yeah they are excellent in general retail, however I do not believe they get trained enough to work at a toolshop nor they should be lifting the heavy paint pots and other bulky stuff all day long.

Toolstation always ask me for my postcode everytime I go in. I used to find it irritating, but then I discovered orders placed in the shop show in my purchase history on the website which is really handy when missing an invoice, or want to repeat buy.

paulm":34gurwod said:
sitefive":34gurwod said:

wtf................

Absolutely, I'm for any ideas to keep them out of the post office, nattering away with Doris behind the counter about their grandson in Australia............... drives me nuts, send them to work, a fair days work for a fair days pay....................... :wink:

graduate_owner said:
Also, just a reminder about the Machine Mart VAT free offers which end on 7th December. I have a code if anyone wants to use it.

K

I haven't seen this, does it cover all items, or a selected few please?

You don't have to give screwfix your name and postcode - they want it to spam you with marketing. Tell them no thanks and they will still serve you!

Steve

I don't understand, why would anyone not want to give their address/postcode. I know ive got nothing to hide. Been in screwfix when they ask someone who gets all uptight at the thought of having to give a state secret, sorry postcode away.

Fair enough if they want to send me their marketing material once a month, its a lot more relevant than most of my junk mail !!!

When-ever I go to Screwfix I never speak

Letterhead with my details; plus clearly written what I want, item, code and price

Hand over letterhead pointing to order
They say 'What name is it' I point to top of letterhead
'Postcode ?' again point to letterhead -- then I present the correct cash -- then shake of head when they half-heartedly try to sell me something remotely connected to what I am buying

Collection bay here I come.... :lol:

sitefive":2jfdtc17 said:
Why is that the screwfix has gone downhill sooooo much in past year? Their prices on almost everything are just stupid compared to the likes of toolstation, .

Because they're owned by Kingfisher who also own B&Q and they seem to be evening out prices

jules70":3esz99ui said:
I don't understand, why would anyone not want to give their address/postcode. I know ive got nothing to hide. Been in screwfix when they ask someone who gets all uptight at the thought of having to give a state secret, sorry postcode away.

Fair enough if they want to send me their marketing material once a month, its a lot more relevant than most of my junk mail !!!
it's not that it's secret, it just adds extra time to make an order, I just want to go there, give my list and off I go with my things not wait around and give some extra details.

Here's a suggestion. From now on just ask this question back "do YOU give your postcode at the supermarket?" If enough people do it and refuse they'll stop asking (he hopes).

far as I know screwfix don't even do trade accounts with credit terms and cheaper rates anyway - nor toolstation.

I've studied Machine Mart's website, and can't find any mention of VAT-free items or offers. I'd appreciate someone telling me about it, as there's a bench sander I'd like to buy.

Knot Competent":qwb8fwp1 said:
I've studied Machine Mart's website, and can't find any mention of VAT-free items or offers. I'd appreciate someone telling me about it, as there's a bench sander I'd like to buy.

You have to be on their mailing list and they will then send you the offers when they occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I get anything through the post from Screwfix. Personally I like the fact that they record what I buy so that if I have a problem in the future I don't need a receipt as they have a record of it. Same with Axminster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back