Screwfix special offers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had my first foray to the newly opened Toolsatation and it was doing very brisk business, whilst the Screwfix car park across the road looked deserted. The counter staff said that loads of customers had mentioned defecting from Screwfix and would now be using them instead.

Benchwayze":6yhgu1w8 said:
When I go to the Post Office I don't stand in the queue gossiping. I am too busy rehearsing the routine I have to go through to collect my weekly 'winnings'.

1) Make sure I don't know which pocket contains my Pension Card.
2) Make sure I can't quite remember my PIN, and take about thirty seconds checking it with the little slip of paper in my wallet.
3) Make sure I have the correct part of the fictitious phone number (which is my PIN), then promptly forget.
4) Make sure that the first time I enter the PIN I get it wrong.
5) Turn up my hearing aid so I can appreciate the sighs, moans and mutters from the younger fraternity!

Before I became a pensioner, the solution to being delayed was to get to the Post office around mid afternoon. That's when the place is virtually deserted.
It's also the reason I still go at that time. After all I don't have all day to hang around in queues, listening to other old codgers moaning about the weather, and the misfortunes of Aston Villa!

Sorry folks, but I should remind you that getting old is something none of us can avoid; unless of course we get struck down by the only alternative.
Also spare a thought for the pensioners who have to stand there, whilst some young, part time 'entrepreneur', decides to come in to the Post Office when it's ultra busy, to spend half an hour faffing around with eBay despatches!

Hope you enjoyed my imaginary Pensioner's Day scenario.

PS I don't cause any problems at Screwfix, because I only ever order for delivery!
But of course I am at home all day doing nothing, so I can take the delivery!
:lol:

GRRRRRR don't mention the Villa, sorry state of affairs one not likely to change soon!!!

Things will change Mark. We'll be in the Championship next year, struggling to stay there at the end of next season.
Not usually a pessimist, but it's too late this year for sure! :cry:

Benchwayze":2v0yk4zk said:
Things will change Mark. We'll be in the Championship next year, struggling to stay there at the end of next season.
Not usually a pessimist, but it's too late this year for sure! :cry:

At least we will swopping one local derby for another!!!!

I dunno so much. All of the local clubs are gradually moving above us! Just have to look on the bright side and hope for a miracle I guess.

Cheers :ho2

Back