Screwdriver bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
If they would have us believe all the promotional blurb about screwdriver bits saying how good they are......

...then why do they sell them in boxes of 50?

:) Cos the edges wear off very quickly and then you can use them in a catapult to get rid of all the neighborhood cats that come crapping on your garden!!

they sell them in 50 because i can shatter 3-4 in a hour putting 4" 10s in with no pilot hole with the impact driver lol

the gold ones er just depends on what you buy, there is some gold ones in my local supplers, they are 1.99 each and are worse than the normal bits, they seem to be softer metal with a electo coating, then you can get wera gold bits that are a good few quid each but last ages

Gold ones

Yeh had the same problem got fed up with the driver just spinning i got 3 in a set paid around 12 or 15 quid :shock:

But have to say the middle size (sorry not tech enough to know right size :? ) fits perfectly and has yet to wear out on me had them for over a year now screwed into walls, wood, metal everything worth the money

Marty

I agree with speed, I use a lot of PZ#2 screws and to date the longest lasting bits have been Wera Extra Hard available from Screwfix and other outlets, not cheap but they last i.m.h.o

Another thing to consider - if you are using standard bits with an impact driver, they won't last 2 minutes - can't stand the torque.

Cheers

Karl

I tend to use Wera bits in my impact driver. About £1odd each, but they last very well, driving screws into steel and concrete.

SF have just introduced a range especially for use in impact drivers, wonder how they compare.

Cheappy ones like Silverline just dont cut it in the impact world :lol:

I'm currently using the DeWalt PZ2's in a 125Nm DeWalt impact driver. IIRC, £6.99 for a pack of 25....still got 24 left in the box. :p

Back