Scheppach TS2500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike.C":1z43k1ra said:
Lord Nibbo wrote:

I bought a piece of bronze 3/4" wide 3/8" deep 12" long to make a mitre gauge, it cost about £4.

I have never used bronze before, what sort of tools would you need to work with it?

Cheers

Mike

Nothing special I just treated it like you would working with steel.

Mike

It occurred to me last night that the reason I haven't done something like this on my ali top TS2500 is that the slots are not parallel to the blade and there is now way that I can find of altering that.

Have you checked yours. There was a thread around a couple of months ago about this but I can't find it now :roll:

Cheers

Tim

Tim wrote:

Mike

It occurred to me last night that the reason I haven't done something like this on my ali top TS2500 is that the slots are not parallel to the blade and there is no way that i can find of altering that.

Have you checked yours. There was a thread around a couple of months ago about this but i can't find it now :roll:

No i was in the US and missed that one. Are there any other members who have found this problem on their saw? I will have to check mine. But surely if this was the case i would have noticed it by now?

As for not being able to alter and correct this problem. I have not been under mine for a good few years, but isn't there a couple of bolts under there which allow you to alter the setting of the blade/blade cage, which in turn will allow you to set the blade parallel to the mitre slots?

Of course i maybe thinking about another saw, but i will check it out and let you know.

Cheers

Mike

I think this was the bit you were after:

"
There are 4 bolts which fix the die cast trunion mount to the underside of the table, there are also 2 steel plates either side of the trunion mount bolted to the frame. The reason the mounting cannot be adjusted is because these steel plates restrict any movement of the mount. However the only reason for these steel plates is to avoid damage to the saw during shipping, so once the saw is with the end user they can safely be removed. This allows for 3mm of movement of the trunion mount (as the mounting holes are oversized), that should be enough to pull it into line. In addition each table section is screwed to the frame separately and each section can be adjusted separately so if the mitre slots are not quite parallel that can be adjusted too "

Cheers Adam. I knew that there was some way to alter the blade.

There you go Tim, you can now get your mitre slots into line with your blade, and then convert some of those lovely Incra goodies to run in your saw.

Cheers

Mike

Adam,

On my TS4010 the table has nothing mounted on the underside, it just fits on the saw's frame - is the 2500 so different?

I retrofitted a cast iron top to my saw and I couldn't get the slots exactly parallel to the blade but without taking it all apart again, from memory I would have said that I needed slightly to enlarge the bolt holes in the frame to provide sufficient adjustment possibility. I should have done this at the time but was too impatient.

waterhead37 wrote:

On my TS4010 the table has nothing mounted on the underneath, it just fits on the saw's frame-is the 2500 so different?

I retrofitted a cast iron top to my saw.

It looks like the structural/underneath of the TS4010 and the TS2500 are a lot different than i thought. Because first of all when i enquired about fitting a cast iron top to my saw i was told that it was to lightweight to take it. And now secondly, your 4010 does not have anyway of altering the blade where my 2500 does.
Very strange i must say.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back