Scheppach TS2500 alu type

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19ches

Reaction score
Good morning :D

This is my first post on this site however I have been "lurking" for some time....so Hi!

I have just purchased a Scheppach TS2500 with the aluminium top and the 1.4m sliding fence that has seen very little use. It was a very impulsive buy (i'm bad for this btw) one that I hope not to regret anytime soon!

Ok so I have a few questions cause I cant find a user manual anywhere ( I've also read that it wouldn't enlighten me much anyway!)
I use a lot of full size sheets of ply
a) Whats the largest size I could rip off an 8 x 4 sheet?
b) How do you connect the blade cover dust extractor pipe to the 100mm dust extractor outlet?
c) What would a side extension table to the cutting size ability?
d) Would it be worth getting a user manual?

Now thanks for your anticipated information.

Cheers
Gerry

19ches":24fl310a said:
Good morning :D

This is my first post on this site however I have been "lurking" for some time....so Hi!

I have just purchased a Scheppach TS2500 with the aluminium top and the 1.4m sliding fence that has seen very little use. It was a very impulsive buy (i'm bad for this btw) one that I hope not to regret anytime soon!

Ok so I have a few questions cause I cant find a user manual anywhere ( I've also read that it wouldn't enlighten me much anyway!)
I use a lot of full size sheets of ply
a) Whats the largest size I could rip off an 8 x 4 sheet?
b) How do you connect the blade cover dust extractor pipe to the 100mm dust extractor outlet?
c) What would a side extension table to the cutting size ability?
d) Would it be worth getting a user manual?

Now thanks for your anticipated information.

Cheers
Gerry
A Any size you want with the side and rear extension table
B Better to tape it up and get a powerful extractor to suck the Dust
C More than you would think . It is a hinged table so can be folded down if space is a premium and same for the rear table
D Yes as you need to know how to loosen things off if you ever need to tweak the table and or the blade or fence etc etc try http://nmatools.co.uk/ for one

HTH
Roger

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the reply but still not totally clear:
a) I do not have the extensions so would you know the size limitations?
b) I'm trying to connect the two dust outlets on the saw to on edust collector one outlet is 4" and the other is 2" and was wondering how to go about this.
Thanks
Gerry

Ok
To the right of the blade the guide will only allow you to cut up to 320mm wide with the side extension this increases to 1120mm

For cutting down full size ply sheets safely you really need the side and rear extension tables (or make you own )
If you have a circular saw you could use that to cut the ply into more managable bits and then run that through the saw

Without at the least a rear table or some kind of support for the ply or long heavy timbers you will run the risk of tipping the saw over whilst cutting

To connect the extractor hoses you need to get a t Piece which allows you take a smaller hose to the top of the guard you then have the problem that your extractor suction is now split and is less powerful so you need to get a more powerfull extraction unit to compensate and it really is a considerable jump in cost and power for this to be effective
The other major problem is how to hold the long hose going to the guard out of the way whilst you are cutting sheet materials ...

On the blade guard where you would connect the hose seal around that with duct tape your extraction from the main outlet will be better and will drastically reduce what escapes from the blade guard Granted it wont look as cool as an additional hose going to the guard but looks arent everything LOL :mrgreen:

Roger

Hi I'm having a problem with cutting material square! It seems for no apparent reason that the material, when passing after the blade,is forced away from the fence. I have squared the fence with blade as described in the manual but still keeps happening.

Would anyone having a cure?

Thanks again :D

is the riving knife the correct thickness and in line with the plate of the blade?

Marcross
The riving Knife is standard scheppach design and appears to be in line but I'll check it tonight..
Thank you

has the blade been changed- perhaps to one of a thinner kerf?

Marcross,

I bought it second hand and the blade has been changed to a fine tooth dewalt model obviously by the first owner. Do the knives come in different thickness's?

hmmm. probably not, and that may be the problem. They are easy enough to make a replacement from some suitably sized flat ground stock- use the existing as a template. If I can make one, then anybody should be able to!

To check, put a pair of calipers across the plate of the blade and across the teeth. Then finally across the riving knife. The knife needs to be between the two other measurements. If it is not, then it is acting like a wedge, and may nudge the cut off square. I know that I once didnt quite shim my riving knife right on the saw, and it did just that. It is probably the easiest thing to check to begin with.

Many thanks Marcross!

I checked the riving knife and it was slightly bent so straightened it and all is now good...Cheers again :D

Back