Scheppach TS250 CI dilema

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicky

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm in my new shed and I have lots of room, I can now cut 8 x 4's down. I've been using my Makita plunge saw to break them down before squaring up on the the table saw. Anyway, I've noticed that when I'm cutting anything over 1000mm in half on the TS, the sheets were binding. I checked the fence for anything out of parallel and it was all good. I checked the riving knife was aligned correctly and it was all good. So what could be the problem I thought. After a bit of head scratching, I checked the blade thinking that maybe the carbide tips had worn and had become thinner than the riving knife. I noticed that the blade I had in was a Makita and not the original Scheppach one. It was 270mm dia. but had a kerf of only 2.6mm and the riving knife was 2.8. My original Scheppach blade has a kerf of 3.2mm. I never thought about that when buying the Makita blade. All the 270mm Makita blades that I have found are 2.6mm kerf. The Scheppach blades are 3.2mm and are 3 times the price. Options:
1. Buy a new Scheppach blade
2. Get my Original Sheppach blade sharpened
3. Source a new riving knife

1. I won't buy a new Scheppach blade
2. Not sure where my nearest saw doctor is (I live in the West highlands)
3. Can I fit a new riving knife?

Any advice on 2 and 3 would be really helpful or any other ideas will be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Dicky

Back