Scheppach 2000S

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drillbit

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Scheppach 2000s motorised sharpening system online (new).

It feels like it is faulty, but before I send it back, was hoping anyone else with the same item might be able to tell me if these are normal, and I am just being over-picky.

1. The unit makes a loud electrical buzzing noise when plugged in but not in use. If I fiddle with the on button, the noise gets quieter or louder but never silent. It's as if the transformer inside the machine is making the casing / buttons vibrate.

2. The unit makes a lot more noise when operating than I expected. It's a grinding / whirring noise, sounds a bit like a washing machine when its turning slowly. I was expecting it to be pretty much silent, but maybe I expected too much?

3. Wheel seems to be out of true slightly. It doesn't exactly wobble, but there is a perceivable angle on the rotation, and if I hold a chisel steadily at the right height, the wheel will only be touching it sometimes and not others - not sure if that is ok or not.

All in all, it feels to me like it is faulty, but the shop have told me I need to pay to send it back (22 quid at post office) so before I do that, I want to make sure they won't be saying it's not faulty.

Thanks

Never mind the shop, ring us on 01484 400488 and ask for Allan, our technical manager and we will sort it directly for you, all you need to do is enclose a copy of your reciept from where you purchased it from. We will collect and exchange at no cost. If the machine is faulty we will naturally replace it for you foc. Sorry for your troubles.
cheers
MenatNMA.

NMA Agencies Ltd
Birds Royd LAne
Brighouse
HD6 1LQ
01484 400488

Thanks - spoke to Allan and he was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. You just made a customer for life.

drillbit":2khtzwj6 said:
Thanks - spoke to Allan and he was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. You just made a customer for life.

Absolutely!

I've said it before and I'll risk but not apologise for saying it again...NMA is supporting Scheppach in the UK with perfection and Allan is a key element of this superb customer service. He knows his stuff without any doubt!

Jim

Ive had my Sheppach for nearly 3 years. Its a good piece of kit
I would be lost without it.
Hope you find yours ok now.
Willy.

Back