Scary stuff if this is real

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing scary, it is just a logical squence of events that will happen if we push to hard in the direction of artificial inteligence and set the ball in motion. At the moment computers are not inteligent just very fast and can only perform decisions based upon the logic we program them with so we have the upper hand. Once they get the ability to start thinking and making decisions based upon data they collect and process then they will consume data in vast amounts very quickly and then can only conclude that humans are surplus to requirements and cause more problems than they solve. AI has the ability to evolve at a very rapid pace compared to the millenia humans have taken and will have no emotions.

Pretty sure that IF 29 humans had been killed in Japan by robots that it would have made headline news all around the world, i think it is simply just another case of Bull poo that has infected Youtube with a click bait Title and false content all in the hope of getting more views and a bigger payday.

Nothing scary, it is just a logical squence of events that will happen if we push to hard in the direction of artificial inteligence and set the ball in motion. At the moment computers are not inteligent just very fast and can only perform decisions based upon the logic we program them with so we have the upper hand. Once they get the ability to start thinking and making decisions based upon data they collect and process then they will consume data in vast amounts very quickly and then can only conclude that humans are surplus to requirements and cause more problems than they solve. AI has the ability to evolve at a very rapid pace compared to the millenia humans have taken and will have no emotions.
The problem with what you're saying is that the majority of humans are likewise not intelligent, can't think very fast and don't make decisions based on any discernible logic.

I'm far from convinced that "we" have the upper hand - I suspect that's just what they want us to think... 😎

Interesting perspective.
I don't see it quite like that. I think it's all a question of degree, I don't think there's some quantum leap from fast decisions to intelligent.
Also, the way things are going, we won't have any electricity to power the AI.

Interesting perspective.
I don't see it quite like that. I think it's all a question of degree, I don't think there's some quantum leap from fast decisions to intelligent.
Also, the way things are going, we won't have any electricity to power the AI.
No electricity? How about turbines powered by politicians' hot air? 😎

Back