sawblade teeth protectors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean for handsaws I use plastic electric conduit, split up one side.

Dennis

I used to have one of those on a tenon saw, also had the plastic bar off the bottom of a roller blind, which is similar. The plastic conduit was made from offcuts so cost nothing, just a fiddle cutting one edge, I cut down it with a tenon saw.

Dennis

hehe when I read the title I thought it was referring to circular saws?? :oops: :roll: :lol:

(I'd use Shultzy's method)

It might do we don,t know yet, I just assumed that it meant handsaws.

Dennis

Axminster used to do a good saw guard with a fold down section so it could be slid of the blade easily...had a trawl last night but they don't appear to do them anymore :( - Rob

Thanks guys, yes, I did mean handsaws...didn't realise you could get plastic guards for circular saws and I suspect, neither did you all but I do enjoy the humour..the truth is, I don't need this for handsaws. I want to cover the top edge of a metal container that I intend to use for garden shrubs to go over the cut edge, as these have been converted from beer containers, and yes!! they were empty when I aquired them. Thought that a plastic saw guard would do the job but it has to be fairly flexible to go round an 18 inch container. Some one must manufacture this plasic strip and I thought of you clever chaps. Any other thoughts???

I think the pvc type of strip you are refering to is readily available in coils off the shelf. I have seen it on equipment racks at work for exactly the purpose you are describing. Tracking it down is harder :)

It may be worth trying the local rubber/hoses product supplier.

Alan

ronhayles":1v9ps4gz said:
Thanks guys, yes, I did mean handsaws...didn't realise you could get plastic guards for circular saws and I suspect, neither did you all but I do enjoy the humour..the truth is, I don't need this for handsaws. I want to cover the top edge of a metal container that I intend to use for garden shrubs to go over the cut edge, as these have been converted from beer containers, and yes!! they were empty when I aquired them. Thought that a plastic saw guard would do the job but it has to be fairly flexible to go round an 18 inch container. Some one must manufacture this plasic strip and I thought of you clever chaps. Any other thoughts???
We have a poly hose for farm sprayers its a clear product .I use it on my carveing knifes...different sizes for wider chisels.

Back