Saw Doctor in North London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Setch

Established Member
Reaction score
My Makita plunge saw blade needs sharpening, and at 48 teeth I'm not inclined to try myself. Does anyone have a recommendation for a saw Doctor in or around Barnet, North London?

PS: Anyone interested in a short (700mm) rail for a Makita SP600? I want one for jobs where the 1400 rails are unwieldy to use, but the only way to get one seems to be to buy a 1400 and cut it in half :( As such, it'd be great to split the real & the expense!

NLS Tools in Waltham Cross are pretty much on your doorstep. Had my 250mm triple chip tooth laminate cutting blade done there last week, cost about £15 - superb service and cheap as chips. Can't recommend them highly enough for sharpening.

Setch":3q2ohq0q said:
PS: Anyone interested in a short (700mm) rail for a Makita SP600? I want one for jobs where the 1400 rails are unwieldy to use, but the only way to get one seems to be to buy a 1400 and cut it in half :( As such, it'd be great to split the real & the expense!

Bizarre coincidence but I was looking to see if there was a short Makita rail only today. Is there a sensible way of cutting the 1400mm rail without wrecking the two resulting shorter rails?

Terry.

It's only ally, you can cut it easily with most tools which cut wood, but hold it down well as it can be grabby. A hacksaw would make short work of it, worst case you'd lose a few millimetres squaring up the ends.

I've cut plenty of ally (including a Makita rail) with the standard 48-tooth Festool blade without any issues - all dead square. I cut a 3 metre Makita rail down to 2150mm / 850mm specifically for trimming doors; depending on what your needs are, that may be worth considering??

HTH Pete

Latest posts

Back