saw blade wobble

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave323

Established Member
Reaction score
When cutting through pretty much any wood 20mm thick or more my table saw blade tends to wobble, is it the saw or is there something that may be able to be adjusted. Its a dewalt site saw DW745 NOT a sturdy joinery machine. It kind of makes extra noise and extra dust kick upward. Result is the cut wood on both sides has marks down the side about 0.5mm deep. every say 150mm down the wood. Does this only happen on cheaper table saws or does this happen on all table saws? Is there anything I can try to improve it?

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave, I think this is quite common on small and cheap table saws. I used to have a £200 saw myself and had a similar problem with blade wobbling. What I did to sort it was to make a wooden washer (75mm diameter?) with a hole in the middle to fit over the arbour (16mm?). You'll need to check these sizes with your saw to make sure it won't foul the timber at full depth of cut, if you see what I mean. It goes between the nut and blade and certainly did the trick for me - I found the tip in an American book. :)

If there's enough spare length on your arbour then you could possibly make two and have one either side of the blade. But, one was enough to cure my saw. :wink:

Dave I had a problem similar to yours with the 305 cms. It would happen only when I was trenching ie running the saw for more than a straight cut off (Factory blade). I bought a new blade cost about £50.00 fitted onto saw and have never had the wobbles since. This was my problem and it may not be yours. Hope you sort it. It's bloody annoying when it happens.

thanks alot guys. Thats a really great tip OPJ I will try it. I believe the stock blade in these machines are quite good, I guess, they are not cheap to buy.

Back