• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Saw blade recommendations for a Rip / Combination Rip-X-Cut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I asked this before (and got a good recommendation from Waterhead - which I've now lost :oops: :oops: ) but I can't find the answers - has anyone got any preferences/manufacturers of saw blades that they would like to comment on? I think I ought to purchase a rip, and a combination (rip/crosscut) blade, as I need to send my current blade for sharpening, and its really time I got a better selection

Thanks,

Adam

Its for a TS2500, which can take upto 270mm blades, 3.2mm Kerf with 30mm bore. (however its all basically the same for all saws I guess).

Woodythepecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Adam, Freud do some excellent blades for ripping and combination blades for ripping and cross cutting. Try their PRO range at Screwfix.

Regards

Woody

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Woodythepecker":1eq2yb9c said:
Adam, Freud Pro do some excellent blades for both ripping and combination blades for ripping and cross cutting. Try Screwfix. Regards Woody
My only concern is their narrower kerf - would that cause problems with my riving knife - they are only 2.8mm kerf, and from memory the riving knife is 3mm?

Adam

Woodythepecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Adam, my son has used them with no problems, but to play safe i would either check with Freud themselves or look for another manufacturer. It's certainly not worth risking your saftey.

By the way, have all the 250mm/270mm (non Pro) Freud blades got a 2.8mm kerf? Because their other ranges are very good.

Regards

Woody

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Adam,

I had recommended Trend blades based on my experiences with several when I had my TS 2000. Since getting my TS4010 I have stuck with Trend and don't regret it. Allhough my saw will take a 12 inch blade, I mostly use a 10 inch on it - ie would fit your saw - and it is as good as the 8 inch ones were on the smaller TS 2000.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone - I'm off to D&M tools show in a week or so - so will pick up something there!

Adam