Saw blade recommendations for a Rip / Combination Rip-X-Cut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I asked this before (and got a good recommendation from Waterhead - which I've now lost :oops: :oops: ) but I can't find the answers - has anyone got any preferences/manufacturers of saw blades that they would like to comment on? I think I ought to purchase a rip, and a combination (rip/crosscut) blade, as I need to send my current blade for sharpening, and its really time I got a better selection

Thanks,

Adam

Its for a TS2500, which can take upto 270mm blades, 3.2mm Kerf with 30mm bore. (however its all basically the same for all saws I guess).

Adam, Freud do some excellent blades for ripping and combination blades for ripping and cross cutting. Try their PRO range at Screwfix.

Regards

Woody

Woodythepecker":1eq2yb9c said:
Adam, Freud Pro do some excellent blades for both ripping and combination blades for ripping and cross cutting. Try Screwfix. Regards Woody

My only concern is their narrower kerf - would that cause problems with my riving knife - they are only 2.8mm kerf, and from memory the riving knife is 3mm?

Adam

Adam, my son has used them with no problems, but to play safe i would either check with Freud themselves or look for another manufacturer. It's certainly not worth risking your saftey.

By the way, have all the 250mm/270mm (non Pro) Freud blades got a 2.8mm kerf? Because their other ranges are very good.

Regards

Woody

Adam,

I had recommended Trend blades based on my experiences with several when I had my TS 2000. Since getting my TS4010 I have stuck with Trend and don't regret it. Allhough my saw will take a 12 inch blade, I mostly use a 10 inch on it - ie would fit your saw - and it is as good as the 8 inch ones were on the smaller TS 2000.

Thanks everyone - I'm off to D&M tools show in a week or so - so will pick up something there!

Adam

Latest posts

Back