Saw blade advice for a ta145 startrite table saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

samej1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for 230mm/9inch table saw blades.?

The problem i am having is when trying ripping material the blade develops a bit of a wobble and really eats into the workpiece. This is a trend craftpro 230mm ripping blade. This wobble even happens when ripping 18mm ply.

If i use a combination blade then i dont get any wobble, cuts ply very well and cleanly but if it then try to cut some 50mm stock it immediately bogs down and stops spinning. I can make the cut but I'm going so slowly that its a bit ridiculous.

Im really struggling to find anything on the internet, i have looked at thin kurf for lower power machines, dedicated ripping blades etc but im at the point of not wanting to spend £50 hoping something might fix the problem.

Thanks in advance, i will also ask the forum but thought i would try you directly.

James

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
Ripping blades are meant to cut down the length of a solid wood board not manmade sheet goods. Crosscut blade is made for cutting across a board. A combination blade is an all rounder for general use. For sheet goods you should get a blade meant for that type of cutting.

The wobble may be the result of the blade getting hot and warping. Possibly dull, or the fence not being aligned causing a little extra rubbing. Also thin kerf blades are more prone to flexing resulting in a bad cut. If you don't have a riving knife or splitter behind the blade the wood can pinch the blade and create heat, or pinch enough to stop it. Also can result in kickback.

Best advise I can suggest is find a local club and get someone from it or a nearby member from here to come around and look over what you are doing to offer advise.

Pete

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
sameJ
the inspector is right....
u don't say what saw u have and it's supposed HP.......is it direct drive or does it have a drive belt....? is it loose....?
bit more info pls........
I have found that even new blades of any amount of teeth are really not that sharp.....
I buy a new blade then get it to our sharper's before use.....they come back soooooo good.....
I have a small Hitachi mains powered circ saw.....the difference in a fresh sharpened blade is unbeleivable....

samej1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, it is a startrite ta145 and i believe the HP is 1.5 I would say the belts might not be on that tight so i might well look at that. I should probably also take a video and im guessing that would give more information than i ever could...