Sash Window frame plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barney100

Reaction score
Does antone know where I could obtain plans for making A sash window, My existing Window frame is Rotten and I need to relace the box frame, any help would be very much appreciated. :lol:

Hi Barney,

Welcome to the forum. :D

One of our members, Mr Grimsdale, has a web site with details of the sash windows he has made. He may well be a long to offer some advice. 8)

Thanks for all the info, I am wary of removing the frame before I understand it's construction, And the time it will take me to replace, I doubt if it will come out very clean as the bottom frame is totaly rotten and soft, I was thinking of using orok as the replacement timber, or I am open to any suggestions, Why is it so difficult to obtain some sort of plan?? I am no master craftsman, but I am able to work from plans or even detailed sketches.

Barney :?:

Thanks Mr_Grimsdale and JFC for all your helpfull advice I suppose I having been putting it off long enough so I will make a start on the work and report back on the result (whichever way it turns out). please pray for warm weather for a longish while.

Thanks once again I have found this forum really helpful and friendly.

Barney :D

Latest posts

Back