sandpaper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkymarky

Established Member
Reaction score
i`ve been looking at advice on here to get some decent sandpaper, but then thought it`s sandpaper how can it make that much differnce!!

then i bought some rhynogrip red line, cloth backed paper, in a 4m pack size from p120 - p1200, this stuff is AWESOME. :lol:

is there anywhere online that sells this stuff in greater amounts as my local shop only sells it in packs at quite a high price?? for some reason i cant find anywhere that sells it in rolls.

thanks.

I don't know about rhynogrip, but I've used Hermes for years and swear by it. Axminster sell it although I used to get it direct when I was in England.

I got a multi pack for turning from Axminster a short while back. Not long after starting to use it I phoned Axy and complained that the brown backed stuff was not good, but that the blue backed stuff was, as always, brilliant. The multi pack is brown backed. I hope that I'm making sense.

I too use Rhynogrip Redline abrasive - and stocked up on it in 1 meter rolls when John Berkeley visited our turning club! You can buy it from John online and Hegner UK used to sell it as well. I find the 1 meter rolls last quite a long time, and as it is very expensive and there are 8 different grits, so buying it in larger quantities would be well beyond my budget!

It's actually an automotive finishing abrasive, and for large quantities you might do better looking at automotive finishing suppliers... I did a quick online search and found this website http://www.supplyprojectsolutions.co.uk/abrasives.html.

I've also Abranet, but prefer Rhynogrip Redline for turnings - seems to last longer, and the sheet sizes are better if you cut your own disks for sanding arbors like I do! I also find that the Rhynogrip sheds less grit than Abranet. Btw - if you are sanding with oil as a lubricant, you can just as easily wash the gunge out of Rhynogrip as you can abranet!

I have always used aluminium oxide Production paper from Halfords (for sanding filler on car bodies) & wet & dry, Production paper lasts as long if not longer than anything I have ever used.

Back