sanding mops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffrey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All can i buy sanding mops in uk i know you can make them but sandpaper is expensive i wanted to compare costs
You need 40 strips 150mm long by 50mm wide cloth backed emerey paper some spacer washers put the strips back to back and make a cross shape stager the cross round in a circle till you gett the mop shape
drill make a hole in the centre and mount on a electric moter
you can buy in the states i can not find in uk :roll:

Geoff :)

Hi Shultzy thanks for reply on not flap wheels sanding mops look like a floor mop only not as big used on unusual shapes like walking sticks fretwork intarsia popular in usa but not here thanks

Why don't you take some pics and show us how you did it?

Geoffrey":oaljmayy said:
Hi All can i buy sanding mops in uk i know you can make them but sandpaper is expensive i wanted to compare costs
You need 40 strips 150mm long by 50mm wide cloth backed emerey paper some spacer washers put the strips back to back and make a cross shape stager the cross round in a circle till you gett the mop shape
drill make a hole in the centre and mount on a electric moter
you can buy in the states i can not find in uk :roll:

Deep breath needed to read this...it's all one sentence, with only three upper case letters - Rob

I've seen those in B&Q.

Can't remember what they called them or how much the are. Can't find them on their website, but I'm certain I've seen them.

Bit vague, but hope that helps. :lol:

Bryn :)

Hi all thanks for replies.
Wizer I will put some pics when i figure how. :roll:
Rob Sorry i was being lazy and her indoors wanted to go to Tesco. :oops:
Bryn I thought i saw them in B&Q i went to buy some and thy where gone. I have not seen them since.

is this the sort of thing your looking for?

!BV0jUL!CGk~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLlh!lGBKUf3hudB!~~_1.JPG

I found it on ebay, here.

Latest posts

Back