Safe dados????? or why you need push sticks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony
I am really pleased to hear that. Keep it up (the healing process, that is!).
I hope the knuckle starts to get some movement soon.
Best wishes.

SF

Tony, good, better, excellent news...

I dunno if you are like me but looking at injuries after the dressings are removed actually look worse than they actually are. The lack of feeling may be the nerves just shut off and not actually gone. I didn't know this after an injury to my right hand resulted in a loss of feeling in over half the hand... docs said unfixable so took it as gospel. Years later I had some accupuncture for my back and the woman asked if I had any other probs and I told her about my hand... two months later most of the feeling had come back... and this was after about 15 years (I think... memory still sucks!).

So if you are still having problems with numbness or feeling strange take a trip to your local accupuncturist... they may just surprise you.

ouch!!!! tony , i bet you will think twice about doing that again
it reminds me of the time when . OH NO
too long a story mate , after 20 or so years of joinery its too much detail to go into . all my scars are from woodworking machines , enuff said
glad to hear your on the mend , youll get used to the numbness and will adapt , trust me . i know
out of interest , when you went to A+E did they ask if it was an accident at work or a diy accident . they seem to into claiming back costs if it was an accident at work {nhs cutbacks} i would imagine
all the best for a speedy recovery
mel

Neomorph":25z619qi said:
So if you are still having problems with numbness or feeling strange take a trip to your local accupuncturist... they may just surprise you.
I expect they'd pin down the problem... :wink:

Good news, Tony - I think. I suppose the tool sale's off now then? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Oh.. groaaaaaaan Alf. :lol:

What is with it and puns on this board lately! :p

On the subject of accidents, I have a cat that's put me in hospital 4 times. One dislocated shoulder, two concussions and one twisted knee plus concussion.

How did he do this you ask... well he had this habit of shooting through his catflap and running straight through the hall... tripping me up in the meantime. The dislocation was then caused by me landing on vacuum cleaner, the concussions were caused by headbutting the toilet once and the radiator once... the twisted knee was caused when I tried to avoid him... failed and then headbutted the wall backwards.

Each time my friend tried to get the cat to the vets and failed. He HATES his cat basket and slices and dices anyone who tried to get him in it. He was fine except a little grumpy after each incident. Mind you the cat has learned his lesson now. Whenever he now comes through the catflap he stops and looks around before progressing through the hallway slowly and if he sees me and the hall light is not on he hisses at me to tell me he's there. I swear he's saying "Don't you DARE try tripping over me again you sod!".

kevin":2t34isp5 said:
Neomorph that's not an accident it's a CATASTROPHE :whistle: :whistle:

Oh god... ANOTHER PUN

I'm not going mad... I'm not going ma...
yahoo_silly.gif

Neomorph":3fkgikgr said:
. The lack of feeling may be the nerves just shut off and not actually gone..

Nah, the lack of feeling will be due to a 12mm wide by 8mm deep missing section of finger - nerves included :wink: :D

mel and john":26bhvptv said:
out of interest , when you went to A+E did they ask if it was an accident at work or a diy accident .

They didn't ask, but then it was 9.00pm sunday evening....

sorry to hear about that, cant be to pleasent. my tutor at college cut his pinkey of on an e/b chop saw, he was being filmed at the time at q-gardens they was standing by a water feature and they was filming to show how the new works where being carried out.

his guv was an irish man and he was not to fussy about h&s so he let this bloke use a 240v saw :? (waiting for a disaster).

he was wearing gloves and was cutting a big bit of treated timber with not alot of support :? then he thought it would be boring to just cut the timber so he added a joke, then the wood went up with his hand on it, the glove got caught in the gaurd as he tried to pull it out his finger enevitibly got the chop.

the camera man then fainted and fell back into the lake with the camera :D :D :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :D everyone shocked and had no idea what to do while (my tutor) was trying to get his finger out from up in the gaurd with a giant pencil :D :D :D

i would'nt know whether to laugh or cry

my point is, is that you lose concentration for a second and it all happens, just watch out guys and girls.

bramers

Latest posts

Back