ryobi ets1525sc table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KME1971

Reaction score
Hi,
can any one give me some buying advice on the RYOBY ETS1525SC table saw. It seems very nicely priced and has exactly the features I am after, but I saw some "where can I get brushes" threads, which almost put me off.
If you have got one and have used it a lot I would really appreciate your advice.
Cheers,
Klaus. :?

KME1971":17ycy0l0 said:
Hi,
can any one give me some buying advice on the RYOBY ETS1525SC table saw. It seems very nicely priced and has exactly the features I am after, but I saw some "where can I get brushes" threads, which almost put me off.
If you have got one and have used it a lot I would really appreciate your advice.
Cheers,
Klaus. :?

Maybe of some help , just bought the ETS1525sc , not used it yet , but found one fault on assembley , the sliding mitre table to left of blade ,this has a clamp , when you put the post of the clamp into the plastic mitre body and tighten , the inbedded brass thread inside the plastic comes out , making it impossible to use the clamp on the mitre .
this would be a common fault on all these machines , because the plastic mitre body should be metal not plastic , this would enable a hole which is threaded to take the post and enable tightning of the clamp post without the danger of the thread moving backwards and out of the post hole body .

I have had two of these, one a replacement for the other and both were very poor in my opinion. My dealer (PTS in brighton) took both back without any quibbles or any great suprise. I had problems with blade alignment, the quality of materials used and excess slop in the sliding table. I seem to recall a very positive review in a woodworking magazine but it did not square with my experience. My dealer recommended the bosch table saw but I went for the festool saw and rail combination and have never regretted it.

Thank you VERY much for your replies and I have decided to pay a bit more and get a 1500W Makita (£100 more) instead. Very glad I posted my question and it's not like I have not seen customer reviews, but perhaps people often rave about a product too quickly and when it's still new.

Thanks very much again and the old "you get what you pay for" still seems to apply!

Back