Ryobi 5530 depth adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sercher70

Reaction score
Hi I noticed several people have bought the 5530 ryobi drill press. I got mine about 10 days ago. However I have some probs with setting the depth gauge,having followed the instructions about loosening the lock knob on the right and the lever on the left, I found the knob on the right was solid and would not budge. Not wanting to break the yellow plastic finger grip I spoke to Ryobi UK service dept who said they would pick up the head and fix it. Later, got a phone call saying this was the first 5530 they had ever seen. I explained again the problem. A couple of days later I got it back and a hand written note said "On the opposite side to the yellow handled height adjuster there are 2 nuts, loosen them, wind the drill down then retighten them thus keeping the drill at the right height".
This does not mention the graduated scale on the right hand side which you set, so I am no nearer being able to set the depth. Anyone help please?

Back