rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speed

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all

does anyone have a discount code for rutlands before i place my order?

thanks jamie

I don't know what you are all talking about... I made an order from Rutlands just a few days ago... :shock:

Smudger":390j33hc said:
Never say yes to a cup of soup at Rutlands!

You can`t go there Dick.

Or at least a couple of years ago you couldn`t. I was desperate for tool to finish a job (forgotten what now), but as they are only down the road i explained my situation & asked if i could pick it up, i`d even offered to pay the P+P even though they weren`t sending it. But they flatly refused.

I couldn`t understand if they wanted my order, how it could be so difficult to hand me a tool rather than a courier, i would have happily paid for it over the phone, before setting off to pick it up. But no.

I fancied buying a couple of things from them yesterday but they were out of stock. My previous experience of this situation is that you could be waiting months for the stuff to arrive. Looks like Axminster will be getting my business again.

Dex

axminster is my goto place but rutlands had £70 off a festool router so i couldent resist,

first time ive used them and i had no troubles

speed":276htmx5 said:
axminster is my goto place but rutlands had £70 off a festool router so i couldent resist,

So what was the discount code you used as enquired by the original poster. :)

devonwoody":j6n3ry71 said:
speed":j6n3ry71 said:

So what was the discount code you used as enquired by the original poster. :)

hmm he was the original poster :roll: ;)

Well, I can't really fault the service I've had this week in receiving my Work Sharp grinder. They did somehow lose the order over the course of the weekend (well, I did place the order late on New Year's Eve...) but, it was still dispatched on Monday (they removed the delivery charge for me, to compensate. 8)) and it arrived early Tuesday morning. Been using them for five-years now and I've never had a problem. :)

I'm still awaiting the bench cookies (a very late addition to the order on Monday :oops:) but, that's largely down to all the trouble with the weather.

I can understand Doug's frustration in not being able to collect an item. Some of their products are exclusive to them in the UK so, I can see how having to wait even twenty-four hours for a delivery, when you're running a business, can be very frustrating.

It would be nice if they would also open up a couple of stores around the country but, somehow, I just don't see it happening.

How many of you guys remember Tabwell Tools? If my memory serves me right they were run by the same family as Rutlands (or at least they have the same name, Taberner). Had a great shop in Bakewell (plus a couple of others in the area.....Chesterfield?) and did mail order. They were bought out by Record in the nineties and rolled out as a brand selling mostly Record products.....maybe a dozen shops around the country as I recall. Then they all closed down. Rutlands seemed to surface sometime later.

Or is my memory (or my deductions) playing tricks on me?!

Graeme

Tabwell Tools were in Bakewell. they had 3 great shops. After a trip to the old Craft Supplies in Millers dale, a few more miles down the road and another Aladin's cave of tools. They are really missed. I bought loads of Record 9 1/2" qr vices and bench screws, as well as sash clamp heads etc.

I noticed Rutlands are selling blumotion runners at nearly £40 a pair, if anyone is considering buying them at that price may I suggest you are mental.

Doctor":2wktxr4x said:
I noticed Rutlands are selling blumotion runners at nearly £40 a pair, if anyone is considering buying them at that price may I suggest you are mental.

that would be one reason to shop at rutlands i supose - what price should these be going at , AAMOI ?

What happened to Tabwell Tools? Did they go bust? I wonder who bought the remaining stock and started a ...... no couldn't be, could it?

Back