Rutlands - Why oh why?!!!&*&&*&

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonidentity

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just want to vent here and puppy 'n moan :evil: :evil: :evil:

When you order online (I have ordered 8 items from Rutlands), why can the supplier indicate stck levels.

It is a ploy that you place your order and get half the products with a Dear John note stating "we promise to....on some future date".

It really *******me off that you don't know this until the half load of goodies arrive.

Why, oh why can they not show the stock levels OR show the expected delivery date when you order. In my case I would order somewhere else as I want the products now.

I just want to cancel the rest of the order but am worried the other suppliers are just as bad.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Does everyone experience this same problem? How common-place is this?

From what I have read on here Rutlands seems to be doing this alot but I ahve found the others that I have used fine.

I have ordered an Item that I am informed by letter is out of stock and the expected delivery from there suppliers is the 14th April then some days later delivery to me

Apart from a small item from Axminster this is the only supplier to do this to me

To be fair they do not charge your card until the goods are dispatched unlike they used to so that is an improvement
maybe they will get some sort of stock control on on there site soon

in sympathy Nigel

Rutlands are not alone in doing this.

I placed two separate orders with Axminster a couple of weeks ago, about a week apart, I am still waiting for a couple of items from each order. No indication of when they are likely to turn up. :cry:

Gary

Taffy Turner":2xiaocn4 said:
Rutlands are not alone in doing this.

I placed two separate orders with Axminster a couple of weeks ago, about a week apart, I am still waiting for a couple of items from each order. No indication of when they are likely to turn up. :cry:

Gary

But I do believe that the Axminster website reflects stock levels and warns if items are out of stock IIRC

Roger Sinden":2qjfe1qq said:
But I do believe that the Axminster website reflects stock levels and warns if items are out of stock IIRC

Yes Roger, you're right.

Cheers
Neil

PS I just went to the Axminster site to get the link for an item that has been showing out of stock since late January and what do you know, they now have stock. :lol:

I've had no end of problems with Rutlands too... just recently I made an order for some clamps and a few bits and bobs, and got a phone call saying that NONE of what i'd ordered was in stock! And that it would be at least a month till only one itme was in stock, and they didn't even have a time estimate on another thing... :x

Last year too, I made a big order with them, and one of the items was out of stock (I was lucky it was only one!), but Rutlands wanted to hold the rest of the order for delivery unitill they had the other item! I think I went a bit OTT with my response...that poor girl on the other end of the phone... However it was just as well I did, becase it took 11 weeks to get the other item! And it was only a stupid combination square...which arrived in imperial only, having been advertised as being imperial and metric....

I really don't know why I keep going back there...

I must admit, the last couple of times I've ordered, I have done it by 'phone, rather than the web and confirmed the items are in stock.
Luckily, each time they have been, but at least then there is the option to say "Oh b****r it, I'll buy somewhere else"!

Regards,

Colin

Latest posts

Back