Rust prevention for over winter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eribaMotters

Established Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year so I thought I'd just remind everybody to get ready.
Last winter I had a few problems, so as well as the usual maintenance as needed during the year with the machine wax and I've got myself ready for the damp cold weather to come.
All cast iron machine tables, my planes and odd bits have had a rub down with a scotchbrite pad loaded with machine wax.
Machine, pipe clamp and vice threads, exposed nuts etc have all had a spray of ACF-50.

Colin

It's that time of year so I thought I'd just remind everybody to get ready.
Last winter I had a few problems, so as well as the usual maintenance as needed during the year with the machine wax and I've got myself ready for the damp cold weather to come.
All cast iron machine tables, my planes and odd bits have had a rub down with a scotchbrite pad loaded with machine wax.
Machine, pipe clamp and vice threads, exposed nuts etc have all had a spray of ACF-50.

Colin
+ 1 for ACF-50. In my uninsulated shed it is a life saver! I reckon I still have to apply it 6-monthly or so though.

I've had some success with the VCI pod things in toolboxes and machines with hard to reach or fiddly areas.

Back