Rugby

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
May I offer comiserations to our Welsh Friends on this site. A good hard game, well played.

And well done to the scots for a surprising turnover of the French :D :D ........Not that it gave me any pleasure you understand

Bean

Totally agree Bean,

Being of Italian descent I would er like to er offer my er congratulations to all our Irish colleagues......................oh and the ref!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well someone had to say something :D

Yes that was quite a miss on the refs behalf, the ball was certainly not grounded.

Also nice to see Italy not being the whipping boys

Bean

AndyBoyd":2mw3a70u said:
Thanks for the kind words, lets hope each nation looses one match and make it a bit exciting

Except the World Champions.

They were really good games this weekend, I was especially impressed with Scotlands performance this afternoon.

I missed the match but was bouncing around the room like a madman at the result, i would have lost my shirt because I, and I am sorry for this, would have put money on scotland losing to france. Oh well what do i know

Bean

we have orderd a bib for our grandson that will say in welsh i support england with a few english flags on .i hope his welsh cousins enjoy it .you have to teach them whilst there young, 4 months old :twisted: :twisted: :D

frank

Nice one :D

I phoned my welsh mate and left a message on his phone, I cannot reveal the contents but I think it did the trick and repaid his message from last year

Bean

The most enjoyable two days of Rugby for a long time.

All sides that mattered played well, some better than others, some decisions good some not so good, but none of the latter affected the final outcomes IMOHO.

Lets have more of the same in the coming weeks.

Could be, but htere atre a few tough matches to go. Ireland and France could both spoil the party as could Scotland on todays performance

Bean

England for the grand slam

See we thought last year we had a good chance of a GSA but got masacred by the French. Also you need to consider that Wales were well under strength up front, and Ireland will be fielding nearly the complete Munster pack that sent the much vaunted Sale Pack home with a bloddy nose a few weeks ago - though none of them seemed to be at the races on Satursy - I guess you pays your money and you takes your chances! Fair play the the Scots, that was a cracking game - I only wish we were'n the ones going to Paris on saturday to suffer the inevitable backlash :shock:

Les

Great to watch England win and France lose. Rugby really is a game for men. Had Arjen Robben been slapped by one of those forwards ( or even backs ) I doubt he would have got up - ever.

Listening to Pat Nevin on R5 this morning "when I was playing if you got hit by the likes of Stuart Pearce you stood up and pretended it did not hurt and would say "is that the best you can do"". Those mamby pamby footballers of today have so much to learn.

Andy

Les your right unless Ireland are right up in the French Faces you will get a briusing. If the munster pack can play the same way as they did against sale you are in with a good chance of turning the french over.

Against italy your backs did not seem to be firing on all cylinders either

Bean (looking forward to another Leicester - Munster Cup final)

Bean (looking forward to another Leicester - Munster Cup final)

That would be nice! Nicer still if Munster could eventually win the thing!

As to Ireland's back row - I have no idea what they were doing, the feeling over here is that O'sullivan will be looking for a new job, and Ireland looking for a new coach if things don't improve, it's hard to belive that for the most part it was the pack that demolished sale and the backs that ran rings around Bath out there on Saturday!

My vote is that it will be a tight championship this year, I don't see anyone winning a grand slam, england had the biggest win of the weekend, but in reality only in the last 15-20 minutes did they run away with it, against a better pack they will have to work harder.

Les

Les your right and I would not predict a decisive win for any of the teams at this stage. No one is standing out yet. England are still lacking in the centre and I think the pack are not yet proven, as good as the welsh pack is. the welsh pack seemed to lack fitness and looked very tired for the last 15-20 mins when England ran away with it.

But I cannot wait for the next round of matches, its always such a great tournament when the teams are closely matched

Bean

Interesting silence all round after this weekend!

I think it safe to say that no side covered themselves in glory?

Les

Les Mahon":1382upus said:
Interesting silence all round after this weekend!

I think it safe to say that no side covered themselves in glory?

Les

All seemed games of two halves; If you could have mixed and matched there could have been an outstanding one in there somewhere.

Very scrappy, no side excelled, and i have to say, there was a touch of 'and after the lord mayors parade' about it

Bean

Latest posts

Back