Rubbish service from AXMINSTER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's finally happened, the "lets sell them the goods but don't give a t**s about the after sales."

New table saw - table tops with very sharp edges, machined slots in items not lining up with bolts holes etc. These i can, and have sorted but i have a tape that has a .75mm jump in the middle, so it's render useless i can't sort out.

I've emailed them 3 times and not an answer. I know it's only a small point but i getting pretty pee'd off that they don't even want to acknowledge the email i've sent.

And i bet if i kick up, i get the "our emails have been down" line again.

Rant over

OK, I'll grant you, thats not very good. But in their defense, normally they are very good, perhaps your email is blocked for some reason? And have you tried an alternative form of communication i.e. telephone, to eliminate technical email troubles from the occasion?

Adam

it's the same email address i used before the purchase that got answered within a few hours. :roll:

I get your point about the phone but i like to keep records of whats been sent

LyNx":2bibzd9h said:
it's the same email address i used before the purchase that got answered within a few hours. :roll:

I get your point about the phone but i like to keep records of whats been sent

Fair enough, but until you ring them, you won't know! You don't necessarily have to conduct the complaint that way, just check if your email arrived OK, and check if there is any problem?

Adam

LyNx":2k8a5hsy said:
i'm getting pretty pee'd off that they don't even want to acknowledge the email i've sent.

I had the same problem with Rutlands recently. Emailed them 4 times about returning something and no reply. I made up an email account and emailed the same address asking if they could give me a discount if I ordered 3 £2.5k panel saws. Reply within the hour :D

I was formulating my sarky reply when I got a phonecall regarding the original issue. :)

I just don't bother with email anymore. I'd much rather have a pleasant conversation with a real human bean. More civilised, more informative and instant response. All the better if it's a sweet lass on the other end - which I find it usually is :wink: . A bit of the old charm can make all the difference, sarcasm won't. The email is reserved for confirmation of what's been discussed on the phone if felt necessary.

cheers,

ike

I think, for what its worth, that a telephone call would get the required response, after all someone has to read the email to get a reply!
I have been an Axminster customer for several years and have never had a problem with their service. A telephone query about getting a broken power tool repaired under warranty recently was answered very politely and helpfully resulting in a new unit being despatched immediately despite the tool being 11+ months old. Talk is much harder to ignore than email.

ike":23ic81sc said:
A bit of the old charm can make all the difference, sarcasm won't.

I'll bear that in mind, you old charmer you. :roll:

I'd a delivery from Axminster on Tuesday. The package was slightly torn and there was a small item missing. A quick freephone call to CS, "no problem sir, we'll post it out". Backed the call up with a brief email mentioning the CS's person's name. Return mail shortly after. Part arrived in the post today.
In the past I'd had to send the odd item back, never a problem. FreePost sticker arrived next day, item gone. If an item needs replaced, the new item arrives first and then the old one goes back.
For me Axminster are the best company I deal with in the UK.

Have to say that I too have received excellent customer service from Axminster. However, I have always phoned so cannot comment on their response to eMails.

ike":36wfjydy said:
I'll bear that in mind, you old charmer you.

:shock: :oops:

Sorry Ike. :contrite:
Your dissing of sarcasm immediately after my comment about writing a sarky email riled me up and I responded in the only way I know - with sarcasm :)

I'd definitely get on the blower - I always find them incredibly helpful.

However I do think that their IT is pretty suspect. I often get despatch confirmation emails that then don't tally to the account info (ie it says order received not despatched) or get asked for random passwords when paying. I also have about 5 delivery addresses of old when I have had stuff delivered to sites. I request they are removed after the job to prevent me sending the latest shiny thing to an old client's house in a feverish order frenzy but while they do disappear for a while they reappear again by magic. Don't start me on their search engine........

Cheers

Tim

tim":favct391 said:
I often get despatch confirmation emails that then don't tally to the account info

Yes, that's happened to me too.

Yes with all suppliers you can get a hiccup, but in general Axminster are a good company. It is wrong to air a problem with a company when you haven't fully exhausted a resolution just because the method of communication doesn't suit you. Just look at the other recent thread where Axminster honoured a possible pricing error to which many took advantage to obtain Bessey clamps. Pick up the phone and speak with someone and give them a chance to put right any problem you have. Not knowing which table saw you are talking about, it might be that you are expecting a 'Rolls Royce' for the price of a 'Mondeo'.

Yes with all suppliers you can get a hiccup, but in general Axminster are a good company. It is wrong to air a problem with a company when you haven't fully exhausted a resolution just because the method of communication doesn't suit you. Just look at the other recent thread where Axminster honoured a possible pricing error to which many took advantage to obtain Bessey clamps. Pick up the phone and speak with someone and give them a chance to put right any problem you have.

Spot on ...... my thoughts exactly. I've dealt with them for years and their service rivals the best anywhere. Bad title and a bad thread.

I have used Axminster for a number of years and have always found them to be exemplary in their service. Very occasional problems always sorted out quickly and to my satisfaction. They are always my first choice supplier. As many others have said; I prefer to use the phone when ordering or resolving difficulties etc.

Mark H

Freetochat,

Yes with all suppliers you can get a hiccup, but in general Axminster are a good company. It is wrong to air a problem with a company when you haven't fully exhausted a resolution just because the method of communication doesn't suit you. Just look at the other recent thread where Axminster honoured a possible pricing error to which many took advantage to obtain Bessey clamps. Pick up the phone and speak with someone and give them a chance to put right any problem you have. Not knowing which table saw you are talking about, it might be that you are expecting a 'Rolls Royce' for the price of a 'Mondeo'.

Roger,

Spot on ...... my thoughts exactly. I've dealt with them for years and there service rivals the best anywhere. Bad title and a bad thread.

I disagree, IMHO Andy was not wrong to air this problem. One email not answered, yes you would have a point, but with "3", I think he has every right to be upset.
Yes we all know that Axminster is an excellent company and yes we also know that it was unbelievably fantastic of them to honour the Bessey price mix up, especially when we realise that on their website it states under "Terms and Conditions" that they are under "No obligation To Provide Goods To Us At a Incorrect (lower) Price" But that does not mean that we cannot bring to the attention of other members a point where they maybe slipping up.

Take the thread elsewhere (Price Hike or What?) posted by Woodbloke. Wasn't he right to warn us that the very same company who messed up to our benefit on the Besseys clamps, had now messed up again, but only this time it was not to our benefit and could see us out of pocket?

In around about way Andys post could have brought to light what may turn out to be another problem, but this time not with Axminster themselves, but with the company who delivers their goods. Noel posted the following

Noel,

I'd a delivery from Axminster on Tuesday. The package was slightly torn and there was a small item missing. A quick freephone call to CS, "no problem sir, we'll post it out". Backed the call up with a brief email mentioning the CS's person's name. Return mail shortly after. Part arrived in the post today.
In the past I'd had to send the odd item back, never a problem. FreePost sticker arrived next day, item gone. If an item needs replaced, the new item arrives first and then the old one goes back.
For me Axminster are the best company I deal with in the UK.

Well it just so happens that after placing at the very least 40 or 50 orders with Axminster over the years, 2 out of the last 3 orders (in 10 days) saw not only the boxes ripped but also a product missing from within.
This has NEVER happened before and it makes you think why all of a sudden has it happened to 2 parcels within days of each other, and this is made even worse by Noel's missing item.
Axminster were very good and in each case replaced the items straight away.

The point I am trying to make is, IMHO Andy did right by letting fellow members know of the problem he is having, because other people may be having the same problem. In this instance it might be a problem Axminster are having with their email's, which they might not even be unaware of.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":mrejwms1 said:
[In this instance it might be a problem Axminster are having with their email's, which they might not even be unaware of. Cheers Mike

True, but it could also be that Lynx has an email problem and they haven't been dispatched from either his PC, or his internet provider for whatever reason. Unless you ring, and establish your email did arrive and they have ignored it, how are you to know it even arrived?

Adam

Adam you are quite right, and yes he should now contact them by phone.
All I am saying is IMHO he did right by bringing it to the attention of other members, just incase they are having the same problem.

I am 100% sure that Axminster would read Andys post and accept it just like they do with the hundreds of posts congratulating them. I am also sure that if they are in the wrong they will correct the problem.

By the way, I do not know about Andy or anyone else for that matter, but because I do not know very much about emails and the internet, I would have no idea that my email might not have been sent. I have always thought that once you press send, that is it, and it is always sent.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back