Rubbish service from AXMINSTER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike.C":r0l173rt said:
All I am saying is IMHO he did right by bringing it to the attention of other members, just incase they are having the same problem.

Indeed, it will be useful to know the outcome. If they aren't as responsive by email then that will be a useful thing to know for the future.

Adam

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, the title of the topic and the original post was very critical of a company that in general behaves and trades in a responsible way. By its very nature, it is very difficult for a company to respond on this forum to counter what is being said. The upshot being a one sided view from someone who is disatisfied with a purchase. Emails are not the most reliable method of communication with many possibilities for failed delivery, hense my original comment that a telephone call needs to be made before a company can be called 'rubbish'. Especially when we are being described a poorly finished saw, that could be a cheap chinese import, and meets the standard when it comes to value for money,

I am not anti 'naming and shaming' and have probably critised companies myself, but if you are going to do so, make sure you are on firm ground and tell the whole story.

Before it is asked, my only association with the company is as a customer.

Well i'm afraid after today i have to agree with the original title i needed to order new brushes for my random orbit sander so instead of just ordering the brushes i thought i might as well order some other stuff then its all in one package so 2 weeks ago i placed my order for the 2 sets of brushes and 1biscuit glue applicator and 1 roller glue applicator I received both glue applicators 2 days after placing my order with a note saying brushes to follow[this was over 2 weeks ago] so i phoned them today to see what was going on and was told that these brushes where not a stock item and it could take 4 weeks to get new ones !!!!!!! i was told that someone would phone me back later on this morning alas no call came so after another 4 hours waiting i phoned again asking for some info only to be told ahhhh someone will phone you later on today to keep me informed.....still waiting cant finnish my project now and will have to go hunting a new sander tomorrow ...great service indeed

I would state that Axminsters CS to be very good .New TS had small crack in cast iron top one phone call and they arranged a new top to be sent from manufacturer

The vast majority of companies do everything they can to give good customer service - it's a competitive business. The vast majority of customers are reasonable... and patient. Yes, there will always be the occasional b****up by the supplier and yes there will always be 'demanding' customers -that's life.

I'm all for open discussion, but is it just me that now finds this topic is getting...well, just bl***y irritating! The title alone I think does this forum a disservice and please moderator's, can I ask one of you to at least change the title. I for one am ignoring this topic from now on. :evil:

Ike

Sorry if its taken the wrong way but they couldn't even return a call...come on thanks to them i have to spend £100 tomorrow to get this job done. :twisted:

Ring":2yxp3ws4 said:
Sorry if its taken the wrong way but they couldn't even return a call...come on thanks to them i have to spend £100 tomorrow to get this job done. :twisted:

Why? If the part is not stocked and lead in time is approx. 4 weeks, how does that change the position for you tomorrow because they didn't return a call? :roll:

ike":2yxp3ws4 said:
I for one am ignoring this topic from now on.

Me too!

Sorry but I think the original poster was right to post this. Ok so he personally has had a bad encounter with them. The rest of you are very happy, anyone reading this can get the idea it must be an islolated incident... or is it?

2 e-mails later and I still do not have an answer to a question I asked them 3 weeks ago. So he's not alone.
BUT, to forbid discussion or critism of a normally good supplier is wrong. It is right to have open debate.

Those of you familar with sawmillcreek and Bill pentz will be aware of how they edit/remove postings that question his methods etc. Up goes cries of "Censorship!"

It would be exactly the same on here for Axminster. NO, I repeat NO company is infallable.
Axminster have a good reputation, keep them on their toes to ensure it continues. To stifle free speech is to censor the internet.

Woody

Hi all

FWIW, all of my dealings with Axminster have been carried out efficiently and with great customer service.

Cheers
Neil

PS No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Freetochat":2nk7r9yf said:
Ring":2nk7r9yf said:

Why? If the part is not stocked and lead in time is approx. 4 weeks, how does that change the position for you tomorrow because they didn't return a call? :roll:

ike":2nk7r9yf said:
I for one am ignoring this topic from now on.

Me too!
because 2 weeks ago when i ordered them they told me that it was a stock item !!!

All of the (admittedly small number of) orders I've placed with Axminster have been delivered complete and in a timely manner.

However, a couple of Christmasses ago, I was given their "Heavy Duty Flexible Drive Unit," which was in my opinion of quite awful quality, given the price. Trying to return it, I suffered a lot of hassle.

According to my records from near the time, there was a 6 day delay before the customer services department responded to my initial email. They requested details which I duly sent, but that email generated two auto responses which both said the chap dealing with me was on holiday, and gave 2 different dates for his return. The later date came and went with no communication from them, so I phoned and they offered a collection date which I accepted. I ensured someone was in all day, but they didn't attempt collection on the given date.

I did eventually have the tool collected and a refund made - judging by the dates on my emails it was over a month after my initial contact. When I further complained about the time it had taken to resolve the issue, I received a personal apologetic letter from one of their top guys.

This being the only problem I've had with Axminster, I still buy from them when I can't source the items locally, and haven't had any other problems. I don't doubt that they strive for excellence, but I do know that they sometimes fail to achieve it, and feel that it is only fair to point this out.

Perhaps if I'd called them in the first instance I would have had a much quicker resolution, but if they offer email as a communication method then in my opinion they ought to have put in place the resources to deal with it efficiently.

Cheers

Neil

tigerturnings":18qc6u3f said:
, but if they offer email as a communication method then in my opinion they ought to have put in place the resources to deal with it efficiently.

Cheers

Neil

Very good point. This is something that really bugs me, SO many comapnies advertise e-mail, yet rarely seem to read them. I sent an e-mail last week to a well known retail car spares company. I eventually phoned them only to be told "oh yeah, that. When someone gets a few mins we go thru them".

Great...

Woody

Pecker":200dtv7k said:
Very good point. This is something that really bugs me, SO many comapnies advertise e-mail, yet rarely seem to read them. I sent an e-mail last week to a well known retail car spares company. I eventually phoned them only to be told "oh yeah, that. When someone gets a few mins we go thru them".

Great...

Woody

Email is a written form of communication, and whilst we would all like an immediate response, some companies treat them no different to letters. If you want immediate, pick up the phone.

I ran a company employing 30, and we used to receive over 5000 emails a week. That was a huge commitment in the terms of time, and of those 5000, only about 1% was valid for the business. Whilst the concept of email is good, in practice, it is a failing system ruined by the spammers and similar people.

Freetochat,

Yes, how i agree with that :) I once worked for a company where there was a huge amount of e-mails, and mostly of no relevance to our business whatsoever. Add to that the 'SPAM' problem, and the possibility of the message not being delivered (For whatever reason) and one has to question why someone would continue to bang off e-mails when there was no response.

Although I'm not in England I order from Axminster from time to time & usually opt to phone them. They have some very nice young ladies on the CS team.

I think the OP has a right to say if it looks like CS are not responding but not by using the word 'Rubbish' - When all the facts are not known, and when alternative methods of communication are tried, then, and only then, start using words like 'Rubbish'

Yes, the original post should have been made, but perhaps with a softer subject heading as Axminster usually very good. It's often more convenient to send off emails for info relating to an order etc. later in the day when the supplier has shut up shop. However, despite inviting email on their websites, very few seem to reply, even if your enquiry relates to an order, Axminster included. One noteable exception has been Dragon (bandsaw blades)

Moral has to be always use the phone if at all possible.

Back