Rubber band gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! would it be wrong to make one so I can shoot my pupils in the ear when they look down at gear stick? :shock:
reckon someone should introduce this guy to stack cutting tho.....

My son downloaded plans for one of these so we could do a father / son project. Not got around to it yet :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

martinka":wp5x802r said:
gilljc":wp5x802r said:

:) Spotted that straight away

Most of the parts are not identical so surely no point stack cutting ?

megga":vws6rk50 said:
Any one tried a go at one of this chaps guns????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z--omK1 ... ubs_digest
Thanks for that, I will try to convince my brother to make me one.

gilljc":vws6rk50 said:
Excellent! would it be wrong to make one so I can shoot my pupils in the ear when they look down at gear stick? :shock:

Gill, please get your pupils to park up before shooting them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baldhead

I'm sure the IMPORTANT bit of text on the paper at the start of the video says;

"Do not pack this rubber gun in your suitcase, when going abroad"
"Do not put this rubber gun down your trousers, it wont increase your chances of sex, and if lucky the rubber band is not an effective contraception"
"Do not carry this rubber gun in your car, road rage and anger may make you want to point this at other road users"
"Do not paint this gun black, put a rubber over your head and try to rob a bank, they will see you've got a rubber loaded gun and laugh you out of the bank"

chippy1970":eleaduy0 said:
martinka":eleaduy0 said:
gilljc":eleaduy0 said:

Must be my eyes, I could have sworn a number of parts were doubled up for the main body of the gun.

martinka":1t2ovpe1 said:
chippy1970":1t2ovpe1 said:
martinka":1t2ovpe1 said:
gilljc said:

Must be my eyes, I could have sworn a number of parts were doubled up for the main body of the gun.

A couple maybe but if you look carefully some look the same but they're not exactly the same.

chippy1970":2l5is079 said:

A couple maybe but if you look carefully some look the same but they're not exactly the same.

Well, you had me downloading and printing the drawings out to check. I may as well make it now, except I don't have any 4mm ply :D
I can see at least 7 pairs that can be stack cut as they are identical, plus some others where the only difference is drilled holes, which can be done after each pair is cut. For one item, four can be stacked and cut at once. That's a fair amount of cutting saved.

If I were cutting this pattern, I would certainly stack cut. (hammer)

Take care.

Chris R.

martinka":2q01k35s said:
chippy1970":2q01k35s said:

Well, you had me downloading and printing the drawings out to check. I may as well make it now, except I don't have any 4mm ply :D
I can see at least 7 pairs that can be stack cut as they are identical, plus some others where the only difference is drilled holes, which can be done after each pair is cut. For one item, four can be stacked and cut at once. That's a fair amount of cutting saved.

Well done

I downloaded the plans for the rifle, but got to get some 4MM ply as well, my lad will hate it as i intend trying it out on him :D

I know there is the satisfaction of making something yourself, but you have to wonder if it's worth it when you can buy a wooden rubber band gun on ebay for £1.99 including postage.

MMUK":2ievhz64 said:

Wish I had one of those when I was at school, I'd have got my own back on that awful chemistry teacher. :mrgreen:

A lad in my class at school in about 1962 had a tiny gun that shot old gramophone needles which could embed themselves 1/2" into the solid oak classroom doors. All perfectly legal at that time, well, apart from ruining the doors, and highly dangerous, but no elf and safety around to spoil our fun.

At school we used to make darts out if a straw (from the milk allowance) and half a swan pen nib.
Very light but sharp and accurate. When the teacher went out of the classroom we used to pick on someone at the front, all aim together and fill his scalp like a pin cushion!

Rod

Harbo":3ezgr8h0 said:
At school we used to make darts out if a straw (from the milk allowance) and half a swan pen nib.
Very light but sharp and accurate. When the teacher went out of the classroom we used to pick on someone at the front, all aim together and fill his scalp like a pin cushion!

Rod

Rod.
That’s stimulated evil memories in the very old grey matter. :wink: :twisted:

Take care.

Chris R.

Latest posts

Back