router table modification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joinerb

Reaction score
i have a Trend CRT/MK2 Craftsman Router Table in which i have been using a trend t5. this week i purchased a t11 to use solely in it so i don't have to keep taking the t5 out. the t11 has the fine height adjuster which can be operated from below the router/above the table. to achieve this though i will need to create a hole in the fixing plate and the table.

can anyone think why it may be a bad idea?

How to accurately go about doing it?

what size hole, the adjuster is 16mm, so was thinking 18mm

I had to do the same with my Triton MOF001.
I first drilled the mounting holes for the router, then removed the sub-base from the router and bolted it temporarily to the table insert plate as a template.
The height adjuster on the Triton goes (partially) through the router base and this gave me the position of the hole required in the insert plate.
Of course, this method will only work for you if the height adjuster on the Trend also passes through the router base.

joinerb":39103qak said:

Download the trend t11 manual from their website it has a full size template as i have just done the same for my router table but this was not a trend table

The Triton was also supplied with an (inaccurate) paper template. Using the sub-base instead was both accurate and easier.

joinerb":1ryvvgc4 said:
can anyone think why it may be a bad idea?

what size hole, the adjuster is 16mm, so was thinking 18mm

There's a T11 bolted below this plate.
1412022212_45cf08abc4_o.jpg

You can see the hole cut in the plate for the table adjuster.

Back