Router table material

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paullap

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I am making a router table, I was thinking of using white face mdf, but my local diy only has white faced chipboard, I am too happy with chipboard so I am now thinking hardwood faced ply, If I go down this route what can I use to polish the surface with to make it so the timber slides nice and easy. I also think it will look nice with a good looking fence, Any suggestions or even better any pictures of any who has already done this please

Paul

Hi I am making a router table, I was thinking of using white face mdf, but my local diy only has white faced chipboard, I am too happy with chipboard so I am now thinking hardwood faced ply, If I go down this route what can I use to polish the surface with to make it so the timber slides nice and easy. I also think it will look nice with a good looking fence, Any suggestions or even better any pictures of any who has already done this please

Paul
You may not have heard of 'Tufnol' which is a Phenolic Resin Board and if I wasn't going to use alum as a Router Table top it would be Tufnol - vastly superior to any form of compressed sawdust or Plywood.

Available in many thicknesses from 1 to 50mm - and a wide range of sheet sizes. I prefer 'Whale' Brand which I get from Direct Plastics - no connection other than as a satisfied customer.

Latest posts

Back