Router table for Trend T3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keefaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, all.

A couple of months back, I bought a Trend T3 router. At the moment, I'm only using it to cut slots in these:

343e072a2f.jpg

But I really want to use it for a lot more things: rebates, cutting tenons, and a hundred other things. A lot of the projects I do are quite small, and I don't feel comfortable using the router handheld to work on these small pieces. So, I feel the time has come to invest either my time or money in table so I can get the most out of the router.

Does anyone have a recommendations for a good table? I'm even willing to make one, as long as it's not too hard! Primarily, I'm looking for something that is easy to use, fairly cheap, and safe.

The cheapest is going to be a piece of plywood with a hole drilled in it and the T3 screwed to the underside. Hold in your Workmate (assuming you have one). Fence can be a 2 x 1 piece of planed pine clamped down with a couple of G-clamps. You can't get cheaper than that - I've sometimes resorted to something like this when out on site and it really does work. Not sophisticated, but quick and dirty - and very cheap

Scrit

You could probably do most things with a quick and dirty setup like Scrit describes.

... before you graduate to Incra fences, Norm-alike tables and big fancy routers to put in them! :D

Happy routing!

You could also take the T3 out of it's collar and put it into a heavy duty drill press, costing about 30'ish.

You then have an overhead router.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":ffb6lc4v said:
And if you screw a wooden base plate to the bottom plate and drill it by machining an 8mm hole in the surface, blu glueing some smooth hardwood dowel into the hole you have an overhead pin router...... A miniature version of the machine in my avatar

Scrit

Newbie_Neil":1h2bl83l said:
You could also take the T3 out of it's collar and put it into a heavy duty drill press, costing about 30'ish.

Cheers
Neil

Interesting... has anyone here tried such a thing with the T3 or similar?

Many, many years back I had a Bosch POF50 which was stuffed into a Wolfcraft drill press to achieve the same sort of result. Probably my first router table. So, yes, it works! I used to use it to cut glass rebates in picture frames.......

There are still a few routers around which allow this, like the Sparky, the cheapest Hitachi, the Kress, the smallest Metabo and the little Bosch POF50 is also still available (I think)> But they are universally small (500 to 600 watts mainly) probably because they have to have a 43mm Euro collar.

Scrit

Keefaz":1272560k said:
Newbie_Neil":1272560k said:

Cheers
Neil

Interesting... has anyone here tried such a thing with the T3 or similar?

Hi I have T3 mounted on my homebuilt cnc machine

Many Thanks - hope to contribute as much as I can ,

Maybe I could start some kind of thread re self build cnc machines or on making guitars - someone let me know

Regards

Tony

Latest posts

Back