Router Table Fence Design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Sgian. Another vote for the 10 minute stick and cramps fence.

Scrit

Yeah but as Alf has said in his post... zero dust extraction. Zero safety features (no feather boards and no router guard).

Just ask Tony if safety while routing is advisable. No bets on what he's say.

Look at my eyes... you are falling into a deeeeeeeep sleep.. you shall use all safety features and dust extraction. You shall wake up feeling refreshed and throw away that stick... 321 WAKE UP

yahoo_hypno.gif

Hi Roger & Neomorph

A while back you asked for pictures of my router table setup,

I now have a new Digital Camera and have managed to take a few pictures, if you send me a PM, with your email addresses, I will send them
to you, I am not sure how to put them on the site, if you know how, you can post them.

Denny,

There are instructions on picture posting here. I you don't have any web space then I would recommend Google and if you don't have a Google account then send your email address to me by PM and I will send you an invite. :)

eah but as Alf has said in his post... zero dust extraction. Zero safety features (no feather boards and no router guard).

Just ask Tony if safety while routing is advisable. No bets on what he's say.

Neo: I've come into this thread late: just 2 observations. With regard to safety, whilst I agree in principle, Tony's comments with respect to using a mitre gauge and fence illustrate that awareness is just as important as 'aids' when it comes to safety.

Second point: KISS rules... :wink: Scrap fence, clamped on featherboard if you're safety conscious, and test cuts 'till you're happy, is my formula for routing. That said, if you want your fence, build it, and let us all know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back