Router Table Build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to steal your fence screw adjuster idea. It's something I have been thinking about for years and never quite managed to visualise it in my minds eye. Your's is exactly what I was thinking about.

Thank you for the comments :D .

I have been using the table quite a lot recently and wonder how I managed without it,

My hand held routers which although very useful can be a balancing challenge and cumbersome with a dust extraction hose attached #-o .

mseries

:idea: If you are going to use a similar fence adjusting method I would recommend the use of a larger thread size probably not less than 5/8” only because I have found that when the fence is at the extreme rear with maximum length of thread unsupported, there is a certain amount of “whip” when rotating the handle.

Although this is not a major issue it makes the rotation feel a bit odd. I will change mine when I get time (hammer) .

Regards

Looks a great table. I have a triton tra001 under my router table, and thought i would pass a couple of bits of info i have picked up using mine. First, you may find the cover over the switch won't close after use. Normally this is fixed by lowering the router first till its clicks then raising it to change bits. The collet won't lock without it closed so you will need to do this.

Also related to this, the tra001 is known for dust getting around the switch especially when using mdf. I have a decent dust extraction system, but have had to remove a couple of screws to clear out dust which was stopping the collet from locking.

Other than that, the router is a beast, i use mostly oak and it works a treat and is easy to use.

Sorry if you already know this, but as i took a while finding out, thought it worth passing on.

Nick

Back