Router plunge switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reggyboy

Reaction score
This may sound a stupid question but how do people get around the switches on a plunge switch when incorporating them into a router table.Is it just a case of taping them in the "on" mode and using third party switch for on/off ?In my case a Bosch i have two switches that have to be depressed.
Thanks.

cable tie or a velcro band, depending on whether it is going to be permanently in the table or sometimes used handheld..

I have a Bosch GOF 900 and as Marcros says, a couple of plastic cable ties works fine.
A bit fiddly to get them on sufficiently tight for the router to work but then no rpblem.

As said above, cable tie the switch, but ensure you then feed the router supply through a (no volt release) NVR switch, with an accessible easy to operate stop button.

Take care.

Chris R.

Same with my Draper Expert, which I like very much.

I did the cable tie on an Erbauer router I originally mounted under the table but I was never very happy with not having a proper switch and swopped it over a few months ago.

Thanks fellas for the info, I thought it might be as simple as that but was wondering if i was missing something.Thanks Chris R for the tip about the NVR switch.

Back