router for table use

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clk230

Established Member
Reaction score
what should i be looking for in a router for table use , i can get an AEG OF 2050E for about £100 , or should i go for a Triton or Freud.

i've got a 1/4" axi one for hand use , and a silverline(i know) 1/2" which i got for a couple of worktop cuts but think i need a better one or do i

I have a Trend T11 in my router table. Great piece of kit that allows bit height adjustment from above or below the table. It seems to realy have jumped in price recently. I got mine 6 months ago for about £230, they are closer to £330 now.

I have two routers in tables.
A Trend T11

and

an el cheapo Ferm 8mm 1100w router.

Both work well though I prefer theT11 with its 1/2" bit capability.
The Ferm I tend to leave in the Horizontal Table - makes cutting tenons a piece of cake.

i like the triton's but they are a little on the dear side for me , anyone got any any experience with AEG or Freud routers, i've got an AEG belt sander that seems good to me but are the routers any good .

Depends on what you will be using it for, if it is to be used a lot and could be doing a lot of heavy work then i would go for 1 with arround 3 horse power.

A bit more info on what you will be using it for would help in getting more detailed answers.

Cheers

Dave

I have had the 1900W Freud for a year and used it exclusively in a table. It's plenty strong and has got a very nice feature in that the height can be adjusted from the top. That way you do not need a router lift, just an aluminum insert plate. Bit changing is also very easy. The collet nut comes over the table top and you lock it.

Oh, I didn't see there was a ££ limit on the investment.

No, that's not the one. It's called FRFT3000, at least here, I'm not in the UK as you can see.

I've got the CMT2E, very good for me, but now It's replaced by the CMT7E (=triton). Another good router for tables is DeWalt 625EK.

Back