Router for DIY table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittonc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Having watched a few YouTube videos I'm considering making myself a router table. My question is which router would you recommend? I'd like something that'll be easy to adjust the cutting height and not expensive, so happy to go with a used one. Looking on eBay, there are hundreds available but are there ones to avoid?

Thanks

The search function is your friend in this instance; it’s a topic thoroughly covered in this forum.

To summarise, just about any good quality c. 2kw router will do the job well. It should be variable speed because bigger, table oriented cutters often have a maximum rpm much lower than the maximum rpm of a router.

One with above table height adjustment is good (models from Trend, Triton, Bosch and others), though a Router Raizer can be fitted to many more.

I use a Freud (unused, £30 on eBay) fitted with a router raizer (about £80 at the time) and collet extension (£35).

Last edited:
I use a £60 refurbished Erbauer ER2100 to get me started with a table. Powerful and soft start and variable speed.

I'll sort something out for adjusting height at some point, though the adjuster on it works well, just have to get under the table.

I'll probably just buy a nice router/lift and proper plate.

Thanks all. Looks like the Triton TRA001 would be a good option so will be keeping an eye out for one. Appreciate the help.

the triton MOF001 is decent in a table too, added bonus you can take it out and work freehand with it too - the TRA001 excellent in a table, but I heard a bit more hard too manage otherwise

Back