Router bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I was having a chat with another member and he shared with me some info about some new router cutters Trend are now making. There is a selection to choose from but the ones I was interested in were the rounding over bits. What makes these so special from the scrollers point of view is that the guide rollers are only 4mm across so absolutely brilliant for getting into most places. There are three round over bits and I went for the biggest one which gives me a 4mm round over and is perfect for things like the penguin sets, elephants etc. They cost just over 21 quid a go and with first class postage bumps it up to 25 quid. They are TCT so will last a long time.

thanks for that info Geoff, will have a hunt online. recently bought a Trend round over bit with a pin guide for wee stuff, but unusually for a Trend piece, it was a bit poor and left a ridge on the edges

The reference number is MB/08X1/4TC and I got it from CNS Power Tools and Fixings. Just type in trend router bits and they are on the first page.

Gill. That is the problem with pin guided bits. Some time ago I bought a dremel with the dremel router table along with a selection of bits. A total waste of money. The mark the bits left on the side of the wood was very difficult to sand off, especially where there are curves etc, spent hours sanding and in the end gave up on it. I have enclosed a pic of some puzzles i make for babies and on the part I call the fingers I was never able to get the rounter bit into this area and used to sand by hand but with the new bit it is not a problem and finishes off the puzzles a treat.

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 726
Back