Router bits, which makes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have always used Titman but have never seen them mentioned here. I have started using Wealden but they are invariably out of stock of the bit I'm looking for. Are Titman still the quality they used to be?

Wealdon are really good cutters and also look at infinity Router Bits – Infinity Tools that are also great and have some more unusual profiles but be aware they are imperial although sizes are close, ie 19mm - 3/4 etc. I don't know about buying them in France though so could be worth contacting them.

I haven't bought a Titman cutter for years. Most Trend cutters were once Titman ones. I believe you could tell by the little tell-tale slot at the base if the shaft. I find that now they are just that bit more expensive, compared to alternatives. There are quite a few being sold on Ebay at present, and they still claim to be British Made.

I always thought of Infinity as a US company. I didn't realise they had a UK outlet.
Yes based just outside Kendal in the south lakes. There main line of business is boat kits and boat building courses Build your own Fyne Boat Kit at home I believe they use Infinity cutters and as a result they are also a stockist.

Another vote for Infinity cutters here. USA based but have a UK outlet. They dont always have a full stock but service is usually very quick with in-stock items

I've bought a lot from Wealden as they usually have bits with interchangeable bearings that I can't find anywhere else. However for big bits used in furniture making I usually buy those yellow coated bits with obscure names on Amazon. I know they won't last a lifetime but I might only use them once a year anyway. :rolleyes:

Titman are very much still going!
I have a few of their cutters and they are nice quality.

I cant say for certain if they still do all their manufacturing there, but they are not far from me and still have their head office/ factory in Clacton on Sea.

Latest posts

Back