Router Bit for Cutting T-Bolt Slots

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomorph

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these as it is a key process in making Norms adjustable router fence. I've looked through several sites but can't find one anywhere. :cry:

Cheers Philly... That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

I just had a good laugh at my thread title. God I must have been tired when I typed that. I'm a touch typist and when I'm tired I type and sometimes close my eyes. I had meant to put T-Hole Slot and god know why it came out T-Bold Slot and because it's a valid spelling the spellcheck missed it as well. :oops:

Edit: I was wrong... I just realised what happened - I meant to put T-Bolt :lol:

OK... now I know where to get the slot makers all I need to find now is a site that supplies all the hardware for the adjusters... ie the hand levers and knobs that connect to the T-Bolts.

Sorry I'm asking loads of questions but for some reason when I search google for things like this I get a whole ton of vague references. I doesn't help not knowing what the names of the things are in the first place which leaves me banging my head against the wall... ](*,)

This is the actual link here for the complete hardware kit but if you search the site you can get what you need indivually also.
Neil

John, knobs and levers cost a fortune overhere. £3 odd a knob from Axminster and others. If you're willing to wait try the "Jig It" kit from Rockler in the States. Knobs, nuts and T-trac . Although they are out of stock at present even with shipping it represents good value although the kit was half price during January. Or maybe just the knob kit.
Shipping is usually about 11 days and it's unlikely you'll get caught for duty as it's a light poster tube type of parcel. Maybe even get the router cutter there too.
www.rockler.com

Noel

Noel":1lpepsl8 said:
John, knobs and levers cost a fortune overhere. £3 odd a knob from Axminster and others. If you're willing to wait try the "Jig It" kit from Rockler in the States. Knobs, nuts and T-trac . Although they are out of stock at present even with shipping it represents good value although the kit was half price during January. Or maybe just the knob kit.
Shipping is usually about 11 days and it's unlikely you'll get caught for duty as it's a light poster tube type of parcel. Maybe even get the router cutter there too.
www.rockler.com

Noel

I know what you mean... hours spent scouring the web for stuff to make up your own jigs has almost done my head in. There is one Canadian site which show pretty much what I'm looking for http://www.nicks.ca/jigparts.html but I can't seem to find anywhere on this side of the pond that does something similar. :cry:

That's a good site John. There are a few sources in the UK that have been discussed in the past. Just do a search for Rockler or Knobs or T-Track or T Nuts etc.
Like this https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 93&start=0
I'm sure the bigger component suppliers like Woodfit and Components Direct stock them too.
Got one these in my last LV order
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx ... 46176&ap=1
The 1/2" one and it's very good quality and good value.
Of course LV do stock all the other bits and pieces and customer service is always excellent.

Noel

Noel":1n1r24dq said:
That's a good site John. There are a few sources in the UK that have been discussed in the past. Just do a search for Rockler or Knobs or T-Track or T Nuts etc.
Like this https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 93&start=0
I'm sure the bigger component suppliers like Woodfit and Components Direct stock them too.
Noel

For the last hour I've been sending off for loads of catalogues as I'm beginning to go bozz-eyed. I'm completely baffled why we don't have any good suppliers of jig parts over here. Maybe a niche marked waiting be be plucked...

Anyway I think I've found enough bits from several companies that will enable me to make my jigs and router table how I want. The funny thing is that I'm aiming to build my home media computer cabinet that will match the rest of my bedroom antique pine (real pine and not formica covered chipboard which is what the old media cabinet I converted). But to make it I'm going to have to build a proper woodworking bench, a decent router table, and obtain all the tools needed to put them all together.

I think I'm going to put together a spec of what project requires because I've found that what started out as a smallish project is gradually becoming a major enterprise.

All I can say is that this forum and watching Norm has given me so many ideas that I've got enough to do now that will last me at least three to five years which is great. I'm just looking forward to when the weather gets better so I can get going with it all :D

Are Woodworker's Workshop still stocking the Woodpecker and Incra T-track and stuff? Can't find anything on the site, but that's no surprise... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":30ee8oe0 said:
Are Woodworker's Workshop still stocking the Woodpecker and Incra T-track and stuff? Can't find anything on the site, but that's no surprise... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Only ones I found last night that did the Incra stuff was Rutlands. I just tried looking up Woodworker's Workshop and didn't find anything. Do you have a link Alf?

Philly":1fgocrix said:
You'll be looking for this John.
Cheers
Philly :D

Cheers Philly... Hey have you heard about Google for China is removing things such as Human Rights and such. Well I've come to the conclusion that Google UK removes entries for woodworking.

Hell, just look at this comparison:-

Search for T-Track in the states and you get loads of router table stuff. \:D/
Search for T-Track in the UK and you get... car and bike accesories ](*,)

Search for "Jig parts" in the states and you get "Jig part". \:D/
Search for "Jig parts" in the UK and you get "THERMAL NOISE EXPERIMENT PROGRESS UPDATE DEC-JAN" :shock: Now wtf has that got to do with Jigs is anyones guess!

There has got to be some sot of language barrier here. Perhaps if I win the lottery I'll go visit the states and bring a load of jig parts home and sell them to you guys. 8)

Neomorph":mhxoaavw said:
I know what you mean... hours spent scouring the web for stuff to make up your own jigs has almost done my head in. There is one Canadian site which show pretty much what I'm looking for http://www.nicks.ca/jigparts.html but I can't seem to find anywhere on this side of the pond that does something similar. :cry:
Try some of the engineering merchants. There are several manufacturers of knobs and handles in the UK, hell I've even made Tufnol T-nuts for one of these outfits (in batches of hundreds, though). At the end of the day a T-nut can be machined from beech with a T-nut stuffed into it and so can a handle. Surely at least one of the engineers on here should know someone.

Scrit

Neomorph":3q0knnp5 said:
Cheers Philly... Hey have you heard about Google for China is removing things such as Human Rights and such. Well I've come to the conclusion that Google UK removes entries for woodworking.

Hell, just look at this comparison:-

Search for T-Track in the states and you get loads of router table stuff. \:D/
Search for T-Track in the UK and you get... car and bike accesories ](*,)

Search for "Jig parts" in the states and you get "Jig part". \:D/
Search for "Jig parts" in the UK and you get "THERMAL NOISE EXPERIMENT PROGRESS UPDATE DEC-JAN" :shock: Now wtf has that got to do with Jigs is anyones guess!

There has got to be some sot of language barrier here. Perhaps if I win the lottery I'll go visit the states and bring a load of jig parts home and sell them to you guys. 8)

Which is partly why I've stopped using Google (other reason is their attitude towards human rights/China and their bottomline profits). If you go to Altavista and put in jig parts and uk domains then you'll get this http://www.boneham.co.uk/jig_and_fixture_parts.htm

Do we know whether they'll sell things in less than, oh, 1000 pieces at a time though? I went through all this a while ago (seem to have failed to bookmark anything mind you) and found you need to watch out for that. Rather than searching for "jig parts" just as an example I put <UK VAT M6 "thumb screws"> (Including VAT at least ups your chances of finding somewhere with prices) into Google and found one I'd stumbled across before: Components Direct with a few useful bits and pieces. Never did order from them mind you; prefer to make my own. The more specific you are, the better chance you'll have of finding what you're looking for.

Cheers, Alf

As Alf as ponted out, web sites companies asking for quotes are usually wanting a bulk order or at least a minumum spend. I'm not going to spend say £500 just for a couple of ratchet levers.

Another thing Alf pointed out was be specific and you get better results. Unfortunately if you don't know the part names then you are pretty much stymied! In fact I came across that Boneham & Turner site pretty quickly and dismissed it for the reasons above. The two searches I quoted were only two out of three HOURS worth of searching.

In the end it came down to a total of three suppliers in the UK that supply what I want.

• Axminster
  • Rutlands
  • Woodworkers Workshop
I've got to get a current pricelist from Woodworkers Workshop but the prices I've seen are decent. The other two are expensive but at least the parts are available.

If only Norm knew just how HARD it is to get bits over here he would be well shocked I think.

les chicken":2srzlbsh said:
Try RS componants, a massive site but they sell just about everything.

rswww.com

Les

:tongue9: I don't believe this.... I've even got an account with RS (although not used for ages). It just didn't cross my mind. Well that's another supplier to add to my list. The reason I didn't think of them is that I still think of them as an electronic supplier.

Cheers!

Back