Router aids

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They both look effective, although you could quite easily make your own. My main concerns would be that the guards are not height-adjustable for different thicknesses of stock and that the extraction port is vertical - surely, it would be even better if it was set at a slight angle, facing towards the cutter?

I think i could make something similar to the second one just need to get all the bits together. i like browsing american sites as they seem to have so much more to offer. A friend of mine just came back from chicago and i had placed my order for some kit but he also brought back the latest Lee Valley and Veritas catalogue and the rockler one very interesting reading if i was rich i could spend a fortune :D

Bill Hylton's "Ultimate Guide to the Router Table" describes a bit guard dust pick-up with a lead pin. The Woodpecker item could be enhanced by using the base as a template to make a copy to be stacked and with longer screws would raise the height.

Latest posts

Back