Router accessories.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening fellow woodworkers, could any freind out there enlighten me on how to use a fine height adjuster that I purchased with an Axminster AW635R router, there were no instructions with it, I have managed to work out how to use the fine fence adjuster but the fha has got me beat, I have tried the APTC site but to no avail, a sketch would be most appreciated.

With a cutter fitted press the router down until the cutter touches your worktop, then lock it in the lowered position. Now adjust the slide/stop until that touches, then slide the pointer to 0 (zero) now release the slide and lift it to the desired height and lock it, now when you plunge it will only go down to the stop and your chosen depth.

Hi Rich,

I don't have that particular router, but looking at a picture of it on the Axminster site, it looks as though it would fit in the same way as the one on my Elu MOF 96 (click on image to enlarge)

view
[/url][/img]

You remove the depth stop and replace it with the fine height adjuster, which screws into the end of the longest screw on the three-stop turret.

Hope this is clear.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Lord Nibbo":2kroctoi said:
With a cutter fitted press the router down until the cutter touches your worktop, then lock it in the lowered position. Now adjust the slide/stop until that touches, then slide the pointer to 0 (zero) now release the slide and lift it to the desired height and lock it, now when you plunge it will only go down to the stop and your chosen depth.

If you use a drill bit to set the height it becomes a no-brainer.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":1ux1x7nn said:
Lord Nibbo":1ux1x7nn said:

If you use a drill bit to set the height it becomes a no-brainer.

Cheers
Neil

I thought about trying to explain it that way Neil, but it came out rather confusing, I've got to agree though it is more precise. Perhaps Philly could do one of his excellent video's, 30 seconds of video would be so much easier to understand than several hundred words. :)

Hi LN

I'm sorry if my post seemed rude, it wasn't intended.

I hope you don't mind, but I've merged our instructions.

1. With a cutter fitted press the router down until the cutter touches your worktop, then lock it in the lowered position.

2. Now adjust the slide/stop until that touches, then slide the pointer to 0 (zero)

3. Release the slide and lift it to the desired height and lock it (you can use a drill bit here to give you the correct height)

4. When you plunge it will now only go down to the stop and your chosen depth.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":24rzdao8 said:
Hi LN

I'm sorry if my post seemed rude, it wasn't intended.

I hope you don't mind, but I've merged our instructions.

1. With a cutter fitted press the router down until the cutter touches your worktop, then lock it in the lowered position.

2. Now adjust the slide/stop until that touches, then slide the pointer to 0 (zero)

3. Release the slide and lift it to the desired height and lock it (you can use a drill bit here to give you the correct height)

4. When you plunge it will now only go down to the stop and your chosen depth.

Cheers
Neil

Never noticed any rudeness Neil and your rewrite is spot on, much much clearer. :lol:

Gary, Lord nibbo, Paul and Newbie Neil thank you very much indeed for your help,once I had recieved your replies I could see where I had gone wrong and I must wear my specs more often as I did not see the threads in the end of the FHA, I still dont get the bit about using a drill bit but I expect it will dawn on me eventually, once again many thanks and I dont doubt that I will be drawing on your experience in the future.

Many thanks Rich.

It's just a little trick used by woodworkers with no time to spend measuring when they don't need to.
Every drill bit is a specific thickness. So use the appropriate bit on its side to set a specific gap in the depth stop adjuster. Saves measuring and if you have the right size bit it "can't go wrong".

Cheers.

SF

Latest posts

Back