Route planner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Looked on the web for a free route planner (windows xp) and got myself a load of trouble. It was download this and that and made itself homepage etc. and some of the stuff has got into my program files on C drive and will not delete.
Any advice on how to get rid of this stuff and other homepage and tool bars that have installed themselves the past few months without that putting in the windows program disk?

Anyone know of a free route planner (google earth plays up these days, it is very sticky) ?

devonwoody":gwn9xyhz said:
Looked on the web for a free route planner (windows xp) and got myself a load of trouble. It was download this and that and made itself homepage etc. and some of the stuff has got into my program files on C drive and will not delete.
Any advice on how to get rid of this stuff and other homepage and tool bars that have installed themselves the past few months without that putting in the windows program disk?

Anyone know of a free route planner (google earth plays up these days, it is very sticky) ?

Never had an issue with Google Maps! Mind you, I have had a Sat Nav for years which drove me up the wall, until I updated the Maps and now it rarely has any issues.

Dibs

Hi, Devonwoody

Its free for a reason, to get you to download the virus and trojan fill piece of rubbish, don't do it.

Google maps works very well.

Pete

devonwoody":2cihlm2i said:

Have you tried a system restore to a date prior to downloading the problem? If that doesn't work have a search on the net for a solution to the problem.

I still use Microsoft Autoroute which I got bundled with the computer but the maps are not fully up to date. Have found Google Maps good.
Regards Keith

System restore has helped clear some of the trouble, had to uninstall virgin media virus program and then reinstall to get that working properly again.

Thanks for those links above the online ones sound useful.

Dont know why my google is so sticky these days, its like having a slow or underpowered computer going on.

Anyway I have got that new bandsaw coming Thursday and I have got to clear everything away from the garage door so that it can get in, the next problem it weighs 190kgs. and around 25kgs. are my limit these days. :roll:
So cannot spare the time to crash the computer at the moment.

Axminster awhbs450n.

Coming tomorrow morning at 9.30. Want to help. 190kgs. !!!!

BTW it is replacing your old RPBS12 Record job. It is still a good old workhorse with a decent blade in.

Back