Ring fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
are ring fences allowed????
With all the health and safety going overboard can we still use them(business). have used them in the passed but not for a while.
looking for a way of making curved members quickly(quicker than with a plane) and accurately.
thatnks lugo35

lugo35":28okqc8r said:
Are ring fences allowed????
Hi Lugo

Ring fences on spindle moulders are still legal, although you are required to use at least a bonnet guard and a "sled" to hold work safely (not a bad idea if you think about it.....). Personally I feel a lot happier about using them with limiter tooling - in the days of using ring fences and square cutter blocks they used to scare the bejayzus out of me at times - although they did faster :wink:

Incidentally, Scott & Sargent (and others) now do improved ring fence/guard assemblies (the Koala 180mm, the Tapoa 160mm and of course the Aigner system in 150 and 220m sizes) which appear to have some safety advantages. I like the guards, it's just the prices I have difficulty swallowing :shock:

Scrit

thanks for that scrit, do look good but not afraid to charge :shock:

Back