Right thumb 1/2" shorter - OUCH!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karl":22x0mjlh said:
Unlike Tony & Neil, I did see this post first time round, but daren't look ! Last time I looked at a similair thread there was a picture, and me and saw injuries don't mix :lol:

Personally, I don't think i'd be going for the "big toe" job - sounds like more hassle that it's worth. Like Digit says, you'll adapt - although I don't think 1/2" will make that much difference (although I bet you felt it!).

Sorry about the lack of photos - I've not plucked up the courage to look at it myself yet, never mind take piccies!!

Its healing up well and I'm back working without too many problems. They made me a splint from thermoplastic this week which protects the injury and gives me good use of the thumb.

I have to say that I am hugely impressed with the treatment I have had from the NHS. I had an outpatients appointment on Tuesday and was in and out within 15 minutes - very efficient, excellent care, and no waiting around. Don't believe all the whinging you hear - my experience has been superb!

I'm definitely not going for the big toe option. I seem to be managing fine as I am so I think I'll stick while I'm ahead!

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, it's very much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back