Richard Kell Dovetail gauge and try square arrived today!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickthetree

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I know some of you check out diynot.com, but I thought I'd post here as well. I received a parcel this morning with my Richard Kell Dovetail marker and try square.

They are SO nice!

richardkell.jpg

I think the total came to about 20 quid. They feel so nice and cant wait to get in the workshop with them.

Took me ages to find his website on google as he seems to sell through a lot of other people, but here is the link.

http://www.richardkell.co.uk/handtools.htm

Lovely wrapping too! :D

Hello.

Welcome to the forum. I've had a Richard Kell dovetail marker for some years and because I've never polished it, mine has now got a very pleasing patina on it. It's a satisfying thing to use. I hope you enjoy yours for many years.

Seems a bit odd, though, that Richard Kell chose a 1:5 ratio for softwoods because usually, 1:6 seems to be the norm. To tell the truth, I use the 1:8 tail for everything!

Regards.

Welcome to the forumMicktheTree, I noticed elsewhere that you were asking about wood suppliers. Have a look at this List and it's links to see if any are near you.

Hi All!

Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for that list! I ordered a pack from SL Hardwoods a week or so ago. That should be here any day now, but I have found some closer suppliers in that list! And the buying advise is great.

Thanks again

Paul

Chas what have you done :shock: ...............poor mickthetree......:-({|= the slope is very steep over there

Bean

Bean":7mhf0uge said:
Chas what have you done :shock: ...............poor mickthetree......:-({|= the slope is very steep over there

Bean

He Started It :!: :!: Showing off his new fancy :tool: So There :tongue9:

Chas :tool: Envy is no reason for a push down the slope..................Shame on you :tongue9:

Bean

Bean":3esmnho1 said:
....snip... Envy ....snip...Bean

Envy; Nah, If I wanted one I would make it. Started working life as an Instrument Maker in a research establishment.

Not much use for them now I'm in my Round Spinney Phase :lol:

Just glad to see someone else sharing the contributions to the profits of the wood industry as well as me.

Back