Respirators

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnlyn

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so I hope I’m not returning to a previous topic. I’m looking to buy a Trend Respirator. I was cutting some oak before the Christmas break and although I have a good vacuum the dust gave me a bit of a tickle in the throat. From that I got a dose of flu and I don’t want to start coughing again. Any one using the product if so is it worth buying one? Great site, and I'll be a regular visitor from now on. :D :D

Johnlyn

Welcome to the forum.

There are two trend that can be recommended, the Air Ace and the Air Shield. Myself I use the Air Ace and find this adquate for my needs, although you mdo look like a dalek when weering it.

A lot of members have the Air Shield and speak highly of it, I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Shultzy, I see there's a few of us that are fed up with TV repeats :D Thanks for the reply. I 'm looking at the Airshield at about £150.00. I have to be honest and say I didn't know they made more than one. I have only been on the site a few minutes and I’ve learnt something already :D :D

I can second the AirAce, that's my facemask of choice, primarily because it does the job and I can't afford an AirShield, but it also gives you a very cool 'Science Fiction' visage which is good for scaring small children.

V.

I use the 'acoustic' Trend one rather than the motor-powered air filter one. I was considering the more expensive model but frankly I was deeply unimpressed with the construction quality. The Darth Vader model I chose in the end is very effective and comfortable to wear.

I use an old record turbo visor it does the job just fine when its dead I will get Trend Airshield as they are lighter only down side the batteries take 12 hours to charge on the Trend for 4 hours life so worth getting and extra set of batteries for between £12 and £14 prices tend to range from £149 to £159 with a free battery but I suspect they will steadily increase as Trend are due a new catalogue soon which will probably mean a price rise.

Hi Johnlyn

Welcome to the forum.

I bought the AirAce first, about 25gbp iirc, and progressed to the AirShield.

I would recommend that you go to a show or a retailer that has more than one brand available, as comfort is very important with the heavier products. Try two or three and also take your ear protectors.

If you do go down the AirShield route make sure that you get two batteries as, iirc, they take 11 hours to charge and only last for four.

I would recommend the AirShield.

Cheers
Neil

Hi all and thanks for the welcome and advice. I think I will go for the Airshield. This is the first time ever that the dust has irritated me, so I think I must do something. I have always thought it would be nice to have a visor respirator, and when ever I go to get one I end up with a new router or drill press or chop saw, but this time it’s a respirator. Will visit on a daily basis from now on. Happy New Year to you all :D :D :D

Bought the Airshield and used it this morning, after about 10 min I forgot it was on my head. It's a good piece of kit.

Back