Respirators for children

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodger7

Established Member
Reaction score
My grandchildren, aged 7 and 9 (soon to be 8 and 10), have taken an interest in my workshop but I am concerned about them being subjected to dust. I use an Airshield Pro most of the time but can't find anything suitable for children. Even my oldest grandchild finds an adult Airshield Pro too heavy to wear for any length of time. Does anybody know of a respirator designed for children?

Not designed for children, but JSP do their half masks in small sizes. No idea if that would work or not though, as you would still need a good seal to ensure it is working correctly and I imagine you could only check the fit by testing for real

Sean

Smaller women have difficulty getting PPE that fits. I would suggest putting women in your search but you may not have much luck.

Thank you Sean and Johna. I also had concerns about the fitting. My Airshield was not sufficiently close fitting around the face to provide a good fit for a child. I will contact JSP and ask their advice but I am not optimistic. I may have to continue with a dust mask and face shield.

If you go to a proper ppe shop they should have multiple sizes. I know Gerson do pretty small sizes, my sister is tiny and found their small one was a good fit.
Has a silicone face part and different filters for dust/paint/ organics etc. not cheap but worth it.

Ollie

If you go to a proper ppe shop they should have multiple sizes. I know Gerson do pretty small sizes, my sister is tiny and found their small one was a good fit.
Has a silicone face part and different filters for dust/paint/ organics etc. not cheap but worth it.

Ollie
Thank you Ollie. I have also found that a company called North (part of Honeywell) also do a range of PPE masks and I will make further enquiries shortly.

Latest posts

Back